DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Spike Island in the Cork Habour, Ireland. Former fortification bastion and prison, now tourist attraction!

FlyingDutchman90

Reactions
Hello everyone,
Wanted to share some footage I shot during the spring on Spike Island, near the town of Cobh on the southern Irish coast. Shots mainly of the fort and former prison, but also of the pier, beach and an abandoned village:

Enjoyed that thank you for sharing. Will have to put the fort on my list of places to see if I get back to Ireland again.
Regards

Reactions: FlyingDutchman90
Enjoyed that thank you for sharing. Will have to put the fort on my list of places to see if I get back to Ireland again.
Regards
Happy you enjoyed! Spike Island is a great place to visit. You can visit the fort and former prison and you can visit a museum that explains the history of both the island and the Irish independence war. And nearby Cobh is really beautiful!

Happy you enjoyed! Spike Island is a great place to visit. You can visit the fort and former prison and you can visit a museum that explains the history of both the island and the Irish independence war. And nearby Cobh is really beautiful!
👍

Nice! If you descended over the helipad, I would have the impression it was a helicopter, not drone footage. 😉😁
that's a missed opportunity. Should have done that indeed!

Reactions: 4006448

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe