DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport mode gimbal issue

ryancarmody

Reactions
When I put it in sport mode and go all out the gimbal drops down every time so my video is choppy and goes from horizontal to a 45 look down or worse. Anyone have any ideas why?

If the video footage itself is actually choppy, your memory card may not be fast enough. That would happen in any mode though.

In sport mode, sometimes the aircraft's attitude is beyond the gimbal's movement range (especially if there is wind) which is why you can see periods of unnatural movement or a dip when starting off or changing direction.

No the footage is great only when in sport mode and the gimbal moves. I am only doing this about 20 foot AFF but it does it every time.

No the footage is great only when in sport mode and the gimbal moves. I am only doing this about 20 foot AFF but it does it every time.
Is it me or is it I didnt have my coffee yet? In post #1 he or she states "in sport mode and go all out the gimbal drops down every time so my video is choppy and goes from horizontal to a 45 look down or worse". Then in post#3 "No the footage is "great only when in sport mode" is choppy and worse or great video.... like I said...maybe it's because I did not have my java....

Choppy meaning when the gimbal drops immediately not all the time. I apologize that I wasn't more specific on that. And I associate as a male since 1974 (subsequently thats when I was born) ;-)

Choppy meaning when the gimbal drops immediately not all the time. I apologize that I wasn't more specific on that. And I associate as a male since 1974 (subsequently thats when I was born) ;-)
Thanks for clarifying, I had my java and I'm thinking ok now.. I have the same issue as you and once you know that's a characteristic of the MA you can manage it.

Lol okay then Ill just adjust altitude at the same time and make it a part of the video! Thanks for the input!!

I just noticed my M2Z doing the same thing. I was flying with my attention VLOS and showing off sport mode speed but that can be scary if paying more attention to FPV.
I get it if gimbal hits it's upper limit and temporarily points lower but once the attack angle settles, gimbal should settle back to its original horizontal (pitch) level.

When weather cools down here, I'll need to experiment more.

Also didn't realize my zoom was all the way at 4x which startled me when I pointed gimbal down and saw treetops and power poles so close. Perhaps zoom was a factor in the gimbal shift issue.

I went through all my settings and came across the gimbal height limit. It was enabled. Perhaps turning this off would avoid gimbal pitch shift in sport mode.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madejow95