DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport mode prop marks

-MavicMiniPilot

Reactions
I got back from doing a sunset flight with my mm1 and noticed that there where marks on the shell of the drone and part of the prop was chipped. Never had this happen before. The drone has an expired warranty and I ran out of dji care refresh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    920.3 KB · Views: 26
this is something that can happen in windy conditions ,and even more so in sports mode,
it is due to a combination of both the front arms, and the props themselves, flexing ,during extreme loads ,that are being imposed on them during flight
i had the same issue a few weeks after i first had my MM,and i fixed the issue by applying a thin piece of plastic to the back of the front arms ,i didnt remove the soft foam ,just super glued the plastic on after shaping it to fit ,this stiffened up the entire arm and since doing the mod ,i have never had another prop strike ,( i used an old bank card ,which was easy to cut and shape and very light weight) its also possible that the props have become deformed during storage in the original case that came with the fly more kit ,compare a new prop with the ones on the drone

this is something that can happen in windy conditions ,and even more so in sports mode,
it is due to a combination of both the front arms, and the props themselves, flexing ,during extreme loads ,that are being imposed on them during flight
i had the same issue a few weeks after i first had my MM,and i fixed the issue by applying a thin piece of plastic to the back of the front arms ,i didnt remove the soft foam ,just super glued the plastic on after shaping it to fit ,this stiffened up the entire arm and since doing the mod ,i have never had another prop strike ,( i used an old bank card ,which was easy to cut and shape and very light weight) its also possible that the props have become deformed during storage in the original case that came with the fly more kit ,compare a new prop with the ones on the drone
Thanks for the help! I will definitely try out getting a small piece of plastic to stiffin the arm up.

What you describe is the reason I gave up on the mini that I had. Mine was still under warranty at the time and after two visits to DJI, it was replaced with a new aircraft. Then immediately sold.
Hope you have better luck!

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie