DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport mode

InvisibleName

Reactions
The Air is my first drone and I’ve only been flying for a week. Today, in a VERY big open space, I thought I’d just see what the difference was between normal & sport modes....... WOW! Scary stuff! The speed it flies at & change of direction are awesome! Won’t be doing that again for awhile!

Reactions: Cloud9SA
I haven’t been brave enough to try that just yet. Still getting the feel of it. Just started playing with all the flight modes and they are really awesome. Helix by far my best

I always take off in P mode. ( always hand launch)
I usually use P mode when I'm taking pictures and videos.
I switch to P mode to land (always hand-catch)

The rest of the time, I am in Sport Mode.
For me, Sport Mode is the greatest thing about this hobby.

Reactions: Drone1aerial
You guys should get into Racers.
If you fly racers, the Mavic Air feels pretty lame.

I only use the Air for photo and video.

Reactions: hkRyan
Sport mode is fine but remember that collision detection is turned off and you need to allow greater stopping and turning distance.

Reactions: ReidBailey
Coming from heli's and racers the air is very docile in sport mode.. like a pinto....:) its fast for a small camera drone i suppose

Nobody cares most people started on racers and yes they are faster but expendable you can always repair them and always have spares the scary factor in drones like the mavic air is warranty parts and prices. sometimes useless moronic comments

Nobody cares most people started on racers and yes they are faster but expendable you can always repair them and always have spares the scary factor in drones like the mavic air is warranty parts and prices. sometimes useless moronic comments
Who has the moronic comment? Trolol Obviously u care.... noone said they are racing the air around. If u cant afford to play, worrying about warranty maybe the hobby is not for u. . i think we established its a camera drone there pal! Now vamoose like the ghost u are:eek:;)

Reactions: Qoncussion

What's the point of this? Do you not have anything better to do? If I were you, I'd spend more time learning proper punctuation and less time posting insignificant troll posts. And no, most people have not started on racers.

Anywho, back to the topic. I was surprised how fast this thing zips in Sport mode. I hit 52 mph in a straight line at about 100 feet up. It wasn't that windy at ground level, but I suppose I was flying with the wind up there. I think its fun for the cool factor to be able to zip around, but I would rather fly in normal mode.

What a waste of time you are!!

Reactions: RawRock
52 mph is pretty fast! I think my fastest is 48mph

Beautiful bird...^^^:)

Reactions: RawRock
View attachment 33060 When I really wanna go fast I pull out the big boy. 68mph. It will go faster.
I have a couple of these as well, both Pro's.. they are fast, but not off the line.. it's like a fast bus, takes a minute to get there, but it does.

I have a couple of these as well, both Pro's.. they are fast, but not off the line.. it's like a fast bus, takes a minute to get there, but it does.
U can hack it (sport+) and transform it from a bus to a lambo;):)

U can hack it (sport+) and transform it from a bus to a lambo;):)
Well, I have my expos set low for smooth shots on those birds.. but yes, bring the gains up, and they are monsters.

Reactions: Hawkeye
I would love to have an Inspire.
Unfortunately, that price means the only way I'll ever own one is with my wife's life insurance policy someday.
A guy's gotta have a dream.

Reactions: Vegasdad
Yeah any of these AP drones in Sport Mode is pretty impressive. I started with AP drones, but after about a year really found as cool as they are, they are indeed AP drones and started to get bored just flying. So I got into FPV drones. If you want a thrill try those!

The Air is my first drone and I’ve only been flying for a week. Today, in a VERY big open space, I thought I’d just see what the difference was between normal & sport modes....... WOW! Scary stuff! The speed it flies at & change of direction are awesome! Won’t be doing that again for awhile!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15