DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport mode

I read that racing drones drop like 4 min battery time. If that’s the case, I can’t. Anything close to 20 min is out.

I would love to have an Inspire.
Unfortunately, that price means the only way I'll ever own one is with my wife's life insurance policy someday.
A guy's gotta have a dream.
You can find inspires for a very good price now. For what you pay for a MP you can get a very nice Inspire 1v2.

Reactions: Classic flyer
C2F34A08-AC37-4004-ABFD-BEF34C8A1096.png You can buy a secondhand inspire 1v2 for around 1200 to 1400. There are a lot of nice ones out there. I just bought one for 1200. It’s like brand new. Flies like a dream.

Reactions: ReidBailey
The Air is my first drone and I’ve only been flying for a week. Today, in a VERY big open space, I thought I’d just see what the difference was between normal & sport modes....... WOW! Scary stuff! The speed it flies at & change of direction are awesome! Won’t be doing that again for awhile!
Sports mode is handy when you first make sure you have high altitude since sensors go off and speed is so fast they wouldn't work in time anyway. It's very useful when you are against a headwind trying to fight it to get back from whence you came. So if you ever see your speed limited to just a few miles/hour, slip into sports mode and high tail it back home.

The Air is my first drone and I’ve only been flying for a week. Today, in a VERY big open space, I thought I’d just see what the difference was between normal & sport modes....... WOW! Scary stuff! The speed it flies at & change of direction are awesome! Won’t be doing that again for awhile!
Play around in beginner mode for a few hrs. Really, you won’t regret it.
Welcome aboard, partner

I read that racing drones drop like 4 min battery time. If that’s the case, I can’t. Anything close to 20 min is out.
My oxy 3 stretched heli gets 3.5 min but im running 4800rpm in idle up 2 its a monster ....inverted, power tic tocs, super fast hurricanes....yes fast race drones are 3 to 4 min. It's just the nature of the Hobbies when you have something high powered

Not a great racer as it turns like a brick, it’s like a dragster though with forward tilting rotors. 180km/hr in a straight line in the length of a soccer field.

11206DCA-C6A2-440F-A0D4-A9D10FD7A87D.png

I had the same fear as you did and after about 12 flights I decided to turn Sports mode ON. HUGE difference...scary at first for sure. The AIR is also my first drone and the fear of losing or breaking a BRAND NEW 1k machine (w/ fly more) is totally there. Your heart rate immediately goes UP and the shear speed of this little drone is pretty amazing. Like anything else in life, once you start doing it more and more it will get more "normal" and I'm sure I will switch to Sport mode for 80% of the flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet