DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spotlight and hover in place

sethgodin

Reactions
First timer, forgive me if I'm not in the right place...

I'm using a Mavic Air 2, which is simply amazing. I'm shooting footage of myself in a canoe. I've figured out POI and spotlight, but what I want to do is hover 20 feet above me and have it follow me from directly above--shooting straight down without someone else running the remote.

From what I can tell, that's not do-able, but if I'm wrong, would love the help. Thanks.

FYI here's my best shot so far:

As long as there enough contrast between you and the background, it should be able to lock on and follow.

As long as there enough contrast between you and the background, it should be able to lock on and follow.
thanks Kyle, but that's not what's happening.

The POI setting puts it into a slow loop, and the Trace and Parallel functions force it to move to the side.

I'd like it to simply hover over the boat as the boat slowly moves...

Maybe that's not possible...

thanks Kyle, but that's not what's happening.

The POI setting puts it into a slow loop, and the Trace and Parallel functions force it to move to the side.

I'd like it to simply hover over the boat as the boat slowly moves...

Maybe that's not possible...
Seth, welcome to the Forum! Nice video. I, too, am a relatively new MA2 owner sorting through its capabilities (I previously had a Phantom 3 Standard for five years). The MA2 is an awesome machine, but I haven't been able to get the Active Track feature to work either (Spotlight and POI work fine). There are a number of YouTube videos out there about it, but I can't seem to get it to lock on subjects (yet). I know other Forum members will have some pointers.
P.S. I have subscribed to your daily emails for a number of years and really enjoy them. Keep 'em coming.

Reactions: sethgodin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000