DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SSD card in DJI RC remote controller - benefits?

exfordy

Reactions
I take my 128gb SSD card out of the aircraft and put it in our iMac to download photos and videos. Works fine. Is there any benefit from me putting an SSD card in the controller? Need it be the same capacity as the one on the aircraft?

I believe the one in the DJI RC is used to for screen recording. It does not need to be the same capacity as the one in the aircraft but I decided to install the same size in both. The cards are interchangeable so if the one in the aircraft fills up and I'm not in a place where I can do something about it, I can just swap cards and capture more footage from the aircraft.

Reactions: Richard R
Bsmorgan wss not full of bs :) but also keep in mind that the RC Controller is only recording a lower res version so you only need a relatively small size card for those recordings.

The RC also has a much lower bitrate, so if you are going to use the same cards in the drone, make sure they have a minimum sustained write speed faster than 150Mbps (18.75 MB/s). Any card rated V30 or above will have you covered there. Also keep in mind these are NOT advertised in simple terms on the memory card itself and completely different from the maximum read/write speeds that are usually advertised on the packaging.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos