DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 St Michaels Basilica, Miramichi, New Brunswick | Photogrammetry

Reactions: Jug's Life
Thank you. Drone deploy simplifies it but the models they make are like 7/10 - and only the first 2 weeks are free.

For this model I posted, I used a program reality capture. Free to download and build the model but, if you want to export the model file, obj or stl, then they charge and this one above cost about 80 cents. So very very affordable.

Basically you just want to gather some shots of various angles. For the example above, it was 103 photos, and 1 orbit around the church, and I used the mini 3 pro in portrait mode. Its very very easy, but takes time to dial it in. Experimenting and reading are my main tips.

I have made about 40 models and each time I get a little better.

Im looking into finding an affordable and relatively easy to use way to create 3d models. Drone Deploy is too expensive for the amount of work I get right now.

As far as what it takes to create the model itself, is it simply a matter of uploading the images/ videos and then letting the software do the work, or is it a more in depth process?

Im looking into finding an affordable and relatively easy to use way to create 3d models. Drone Deploy is too expensive for the amount of work I get right now.

As far as what it takes to create the model itself, is it simply a matter of uploading the images/ videos and then letting the software do the work, or is it a more in depth process?
Reality Capture is the highest quality and cheapest to export models with. I recommend it above others. MetaShape I would tie for first as well but the standard version is a few hundred dollars.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic