DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 St Peter's Church, Scorton

Paul Iddon

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

St Peter's Church is in the village of Scorton, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Garstang, the archdeaconry of Lancaster and the diocese of Blackburn. Its benefice is united with those of All Saints, Barnacre, and St John the Evangelist, Calder Vale. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building. Its spire is a landmark near the M6 motorway.

The church was built in 1878–79 for the Ormrod family of Bolton and Wyresdale Hall. The architects were Paley and Austin of Lancaster, and the church cost £14,000. It provided seating for 250 people.

St Peter's is constructed in sandstone rubble, with tiled roofs and a shingled spire. Its plan consists of a nave and a chancel under a continuous roof, a north aisle, a south porch, and a west tower surmounted by a broach spire. The tower has diagonal buttresses, a stair projection on the south side, a doorway on the north side, and a three-light west window with a pointed head.

On the north side of the church is a lychgate dating from the same time as the church, and probably designed by the same architects as the church. It is constructed in oak on a sandstone base, and has a red tiled roof. It is listed at Grade II.The lych gate was renovated in 1988.

Paul.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

St Peter's Church is in the village of Scorton, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Garstang, the archdeaconry of Lancaster and the diocese of Blackburn. Its benefice is united with those of All Saints, Barnacre, and St John the Evangelist, Calder Vale. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building. Its spire is a landmark near the M6 motorway.

The church was built in 1878–79 for the Ormrod family of Bolton and Wyresdale Hall. The architects were Paley and Austin of Lancaster, and the church cost £14,000. It provided seating for 250 people.

St Peter's is constructed in sandstone rubble, with tiled roofs and a shingled spire. Its plan consists of a nave and a chancel under a continuous roof, a north aisle, a south porch, and a west tower surmounted by a broach spire. The tower has diagonal buttresses, a stair projection on the south side, a doorway on the north side, and a three-light west window with a pointed head.

On the north side of the church is a lychgate dating from the same time as the church, and probably designed by the same architects as the church. It is constructed in oak on a sandstone base, and has a red tiled roof. It is listed at Grade II.The lych gate was renovated in 1988.

Paul.
Great cinematic composition. Well done

Reactions: Paul Iddon
I might have missed it but I like to see an establishing shot, preferably at the start. This overview gives the viewer a sense of place. Then followup with the details.

"Establishing shots are typically wide or extreme wide shots of buildings or landscapes. These shots might include signage, landmarks, or other obvious signals of place and time."

Thanks for the images, lovely old structure and nice to read the info you posted.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Great cinematic composition. Well done

Cheers Mark - it's a nice place for sure.

I might have missed it but I like to see an establishing shot, preferably at the start. This overview gives the viewer a sense of place. Then followup with the details.

"Establishing shots are typically wide or extreme wide shots of buildings or landscapes. These shots might include signage, landmarks, or other obvious signals of place and time."

Thanks for the images, lovely old structure and nice to read the info you posted.

Cheers for watching and taking time to comment. 👍

I do use establishing shots in other videos, but not always - I like to mix things up on occasion 😉

Paul.

Awesome video! I know you couldn't move back to get more of the structure due to trees etc, but that sure would have been nice to see it in full frame.

Awesome video! I know you couldn't move back to get more of the structure due to trees etc, but that sure would have been nice to see it in full frame.

Thank you, and it was a little tightly placed building. 😀

Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakobw1998