DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Starter goggle recommendation

Mitch

Reactions
I have never flown my drone with a pair of goggles before. Before jumping into something expensive, I was looking for a decent cheap pair of goggles to try things out. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money upfront just to try this out. Does anybody have any first-hand personal experience with $20-$50 goggles? Specific brand names and such would be appreciated.

Does anybody have any first-hand personal experience with $20-$50 goggles?
For that price range, you're only going to get what's known as VR goggles. They will only be useful for flying with apps that allow you to insert your phone into the goggles while flying (like Litchi).

For that price range, you're only going to get what's known as VR goggles. They will only be useful for flying with apps that allow you to insert your phone into the goggles while flying (like Litchi).

Exactly Mike and thanks for clarifying. But, there is a range on Amazon from $10 to $50 where there doesn't appear to be a big difference in features. Was hoping there are others in the forum out there that could share first hand experiences!

I have the new DJI goggles RE. Haven't flown with them yet because of the wind here in Florida. They're nice, comfortable, and the build quality is solid. Ive sadly only pumped you tube and Netflix into them and for that they work great. Just be ready to lay down on your back and loosen the headbandto use them for any length of time. They are heavy.
Comfortable but heavy.
They synced right up to the mpp and quickly updated themselves and are now sitting fully charged and ready for the weather to turn pleasant again.
Took about 30 minutes to figure them out, and the menus are intuitive. You'll need an adapter to your mobile device to HDMI if you want to do more than fly with your mavic.

Hope it helps.

Exactly Mike and thanks for clarifying. But, there is a range on Amazon from $10 to $50 where there doesn't appear to be a big difference in features. Was hoping there are others in the forum out there that could share first hand experiences!
For selection check:
- Does it fit to my phone screen size?
- Is the USB/Lightning port still acessible?
- Does the phone's rear camera have free sight? (Litchi supports switching to it)
- Are diopters and eye distance adjustable?
- Is the phone securely attached?
- IS there still enough air circulation for cooling the phone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG