DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Starter motor jammed

stanclarke

Reactions
Question to my Aussie co-pilots. MA2 failed to avoid a branch while active tracking. Appears undamaged. However when trying to launch the motors start and immediately shut down. Posts a message saying starter motor failed. Any suggestions?
Stan

You mean "starting motor failed", considering it crashed it probably needs to go into DJI for a repair as there could be a multitude of issues causing the error message.

You mean "starting motor failed", considering it crashed it probably needs to go into DJI for a repair as there could be a multitude of issues causing the error message.
Thanks. I couldn’t quite remember the exact message. Are you able to tell me how to access repair service in Australia (I’m in Vic)? I did take out the extended warranty plan.

Thanks. I couldn’t quite remember the exact message. Are you able to tell me how to access repair service in Australia (I’m in Vic)? I did take out the extended warranty plan.
By extended warranty plan , do you mean "DJI Care refresh +" ?

If so start the process by submitting a online repair request, first login into to your DJI account and then click on "submit a repair request", it will ask a series of questions and establish if you have a valid care refresh plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
Check the motors for something stuck inside maybe blocking one from spinning right.

Reactions: mereflyer
Yeah, my Mavic mini flew into a tree branch, too (I, of course, had nothing to do with it). Funny thing is, I flew it a couple of more times after that, and THEN it died at startup and I got the “starter motor blocked” message. Nothing since then. No blockage that I can see with a magnifying glass. Guess I have to send it to the shop (if I can). No, wait!….

I sprayed each motor with a little compressed air (gently) and Lo and Behold something flew out. Took it outside and it took off. Success!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N