DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm insurance

Mavicmaniac

Reactions
I put in a request for a personal articles policy and received the below message from the agent. I think it’s still better than the DJI care because it covers lost and stolen. What do you guys think.
Thanks Jesse

They change the rates on the personal articles policies & I quoted you wrong it would be about $125.00 for the year.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I put in a request for a personal articles policy and received the below message from the agent. I think it’s still better than the DJI care because it covers lost and stolen. What do you guys think.
Thanks Jesse

They change the rates on the personal articles policies & I quoted you wrong it would be about $125.00 for the year.

Still a good deal.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Thanks Jesse

I think that NJ has the highest insurance rates in the country, so if someone down in the SE is paying $75, your rate might be higher. As @Cheech Wizard said, still better than DJI Refresh, but it doesnt hurt to have both. You can never have too much insurance.

Do you think both are necessary, I figured that since State Farm had better insurance I would just go with that.

Do you think both are necessary, I figured that since State Farm had better insurance I would just go with that.
I'm a newby but I have both. if I screw up and crash it but can get to it, I will use DJI. if I REALLY screw up and land in a lake or cant locate it, I will use SF. I know a SF claim is cheaper but I get two minor screwups with DJI and 1 major with SF (assuming they will not renew if I claim) BOTH keep me from having to pay full price to buy a new one. Figure I have 3 crashes covered.

Thanks Jesse

Weird I just bought one less than 2 weeks ago @ $60. Do you use SF for other insurance?

Don’t use State Farm for anything else and just requested a quote from another agent. If I can get SF for under $100 then I will also add DJI insurance.
Thanks for the input

That is probably it. I was told the policy should only be $28/year but they have a $60 minimum.

Somewhere on this site (search time) someone put out a post with all successful State Farm agents. I went with the one in Paramus and paid $60.00 with a deductible last year. When they automatically renewed in September it went down to $50.00.
I would check that out.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I only paid 75.00 a year for motorcycle insurance (full coverage, plus tow, if I break down)

Here in Oregon I pay $85 annually with $0 deductible for my State Farm policy and it covers all my drones and the associated equipment against any type of losses. Currently I have the Inspire 2 and the M2P on the policy. But once you get your Part 107 certification they will no longer cover you. It’s only while you’re considered a hobbyist that they will issue and renew your policy. That was made perfectly and repeatedly clear by my insurance agent.
I also purchased DJI Refresh Care for repairs if I ever need to send either in for repairs. I figured it was better to be prepared, especially for my Inspire 2 which is much more of an investment.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson