DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Receives 1st Nationwide BVLOS and OOP Waiver

kadras

Reactions
State Farm, which may or may not provide drone coverage, has had a drone program of its own since 2015. The company has now received the first nationwide FAA waiver for beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) and operations over people (OOP) for its program. It has been working with the Mid-Atlantic Aviation Partnership (MAAP) at Virginia Tech and have had regional waivers for damage assessment prior to this national waiver. State Farm Granted FAA Damage Assessment Waiver

All of the photos show fixed wing UAVs, not Mavics. :( At least the company understand the benefits of UAVs.

This could be a windfall for independent drone operators who might be able to subcontract with State Farm.

My big question is when State Farm will actually offer a "Drone Insurance Policy" similar to a car insurance policy rather than a PAP policy that covers drones and only damage or loss to the drone and no liability insurance.

If you are interested in Liability insurance as a hobbyist, The AMA is a pretty good option. For the cost of membership, you get liability coverage.

Yep I have had AMA since the 80's but it would be nice for State Farm to bundle "drone insurance" and offer deductibles!
Has anyone had to use the liability insurance or know of someone who has? I ask because I'm concerned that the insurer will find some way out of their liability. Some irrelevant violation of either their rules, or the FAA rules.

Has anyone had to use the liability insurance or know of someone who has? I ask because I'm concerned that the insurer will find some way out of their liability. Some irrelevant violation of either their rules, or the FAA rules.

Thats a very good question and I think you should start a new thread and ask it. I know State Farm pays, because several of my customers have used it to file a claim, but that was just for a few hundred dollars. But I dont know of anyone in that has filed a liability claim with AMA and their insurer. That would be the one you really need if you hit someone or something.

Good observation!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes