DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Staying in FCC mode

ColinN

Reactions
Hi,

I can get my Mavic Air in FCC mode using Xcode on my Mac, but when I reset my iPhone to show the correct gps location and reconnect to the controller, I cancel the flight area message, but then the MA will only fly in Opti mode.

I’ve tried this three times now, and to get it back in to GPS mode I have to accept the ‘OK’ in the wrong flight region message.

Any ideas out there folks? CE mode on half the US power really is bad for signal break-up.

not sure if this will help but when i did the gps hack, i followed it to the letter and never reset my gps back to normal, so for instance if i link with mavic air it asked that question cant remmeber what it is, but as suggested you select cancel then it will stay in fcc mode, and i usually then use 5.8 mhz rather than 2,4ghz.. and its been like this ever since i have done the hack, so for instance if i use my google map to say travel somewhere in the uk, i just tap on my my location and enter the post code in google map and travel to said destination it has no effect whatsoever with my mavic air, but saying this i never have my location icon switched on when i use my air. and have never done so since purchase or even with the phantom 3 standard or professional i have owned in the past.

not sure if this will help but when i did the gps hack, i followed it to the letter and never reset my gps back to normal, so for instance if i link with mavic air it asked that question cant remmeber what it is, but as suggested you select cancel then it will stay in fcc mode, and i usually then use 5.8 mhz rather than 2,4ghz.. and its been like this ever since i have done the hack, so for instance if i use my google map to say travel somewhere in the uk, i just tap on my my location and enter the post code in google map and travel to said destination it has no effect whatsoever with my mavic air, but saying this i never have my location icon switched on when i use my air. and have never done so since purchase or even with the phantom 3 standard or professional i have owned in the past.

Hmm! Not sure if the latest software has blocked this FCC hack. Does yours still show the correct location on the map at the bottom of the DJI Go app?

Mine will only operate in Opti mode if I click on ‘cancel’ and not ‘OK’ in the region warning that pops up.

Hi,

I can get my Mavic Air in FCC mode using Xcode on my Mac, but when I reset my iPhone to show the correct gps location and reconnect to the controller, I cancel the flight area message, but then the MA will only fly in Opti mode.

I’ve tried this three times now, and to get it back in to GPS mode I have to accept the ‘OK’ in the wrong flight region message.

Any ideas out there folks? CE mode on half the US power really is bad for signal break-up.

I am on android and I did the FCC switch a while back when I was in Germany. Oddly enough, I still get the "You are in the wrong area" message once in a while after I moved to Ethiopia (as opposed to every time when I was in Germany). The last time was a few days ago and I tapped on cancel, as I always do, and I was still able to fly. May be this is an issue with the ios version of the app? If you have access to an android phone, you could try doing the FCC switch trick on android first and then fly with your ios device once the switch is successfully made. If you do this, it might be better to completely uninstall and then reinstall the GO4 app on your ios device just to start fresh. Good luck!

I am on android and I did the FCC switch a while back when I was in Germany. Oddly enough, I still get the "You are in the wrong area" message once in a while after I moved to Ethiopia (as opposed to every time when I was in Germany). The last time was a few days ago and I tapped on cancel, as I always do, and I was still able to fly. May be this is an issue with the ios version of the app? If you have access to an android phone, you could try doing the FCC switch trick on android first and then fly with your ios device once the switch is successfully made. If you do this, it might be better to completely uninstall and then reinstall the GO4 app on your ios device just to start fresh. Good luck!
Thanks - will keep investigating

i will check this colin i'm pretty sure that i will most probably get wrong location, but i have sent drone out to beyond line of sight to test i manged 2500m away and tapped return to home and returned without any problems, before i did the fcc hack because i didn't even know about it, but was flying in ce mode i was getting around 500m and getting lost signal was appauling, so fcc hack certainly does work and makes life easier, but forgot to mention that i too am using android phone.

-Generated a fake GPS position via a spoof GPS app in my Android phone
-Connected it to the RC & powered both RC & AC up and started GO4
-Got the Location popup as soon as the AC got a GPS fix, answered OK there
-Powered everything down
-Deactivated the fake GPS position & closed the Spoof GPS app
-Powered then again up RC & AC + GO4
-Again a location popup as soon as the AC got a GPS fix, then answered Cancel
-Was then in FCC & P mode with the correct location on the map in GO4
-Since I did this it's stayed in FCC mode & always showed that location popup which I cancel, weather I use GO4 or Litchi.

If you did all this in the correct order ... then it's probably an iOS thing. Hopefully someone with iOS can shime in & either confirm your problem or tell you the procedure (if it's different then described).

-Generated a fake GPS position via a spoof GPS app in my Android phone
-Connected it to the RC & powered both RC & AC up and started GO4
-Got the Location popup as soon as the AC got a GPS fix, answered OK there
-Powered everything down
-Deactivated the fake GPS position & closed the Spoof GPS app
-Powered then again up RC & AC + GO4
-Again a location popup as soon as the AC got a GPS fix, then answered Cancel
-Was then in FCC & P mode with the correct location on the map in GO4
-Since I did this it's stayed in FCC mode & always showed that location popup which I cancel, weather I use GO4 or Litchi.

If you did all this in the correct order ... then it's probably an iOS thing. Hopefully someone with iOS can shime in & either confirm your problem or tell you the procedure (if it's different then described).

Hi,
Yep I’m doing exactly that, but after clicking ‘cancel’ in the pop up, I’m stuck in Opti mode, and no gps lock!

You could try to borrow an Android & repeat the process ... just to confirm that iOS is different.

I have an old Sony Experia Tablet on Android - I’ll give it a go this week, but it’s a full size tablet, so a bit to big to use easily with the remote control.

Hi,
Yep I’m doing exactly that, but after clicking ‘cancel’ in the pop up, I’m stuck in Opti mode, and no gps lock!
How long are you giving it?
I have an old Sony Experia Tablet on Android - I’ll give it a go this week, but it’s a full size tablet, so a bit to big to use easily with the remote control.
Just use the tablet to get it working in FCC mode and use your iOS device to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N