DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stefanik's latest attempt to ban DJI.

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My latest attempt to add some sanity to an otherwise insane reactionary issue.

Well thought out. Excellent points made regarding the funds raised from the existing 25% tariff.
Thank you. Now if we can only get D.C to listen... 🤷‍♂️

Thank you. Now if we can only get D.C to listen... 🤷‍♂️
So what happens with the likes of Chinese EV cars flooding the markets across the world with ‘cheap’ vehicles. They have cameras too, although at ground level, and could just as likely be sending data back to China. Is some agency going to hunt through the onboard firmware to see if a self destruct (or worse) mode has been included to cause road chaos. I can think of many scenarios US-based EV car builders could come up with - most just as unbelievable as those being heaped on DJI.

Are Ford and GM going to do a Skydio and take action to ban their competitors? I wonder how many of their components are made in China?

It’s one thing being seen as a National Security issue and another being anticompetitive behaviour.

So what happens with the likes of Chinese EV cars flooding the markets across the world with ‘cheap’ vehicles. They have cameras too, although at ground level, and could just as likely be sending data back to China. Is some agency going to hunt through the onboard firmware to see if a self destruct (or worse) mode has been included to cause road chaos. I can think of many scenarios US-based EV car builders could come up with - most just as unbelievable as those being heaped on DJI.

Are Ford and GM going to do a Skydio and take action to ban their competitors? I wonder how many of their components are made in China?

It’s one thing being seen as a National Security issue and another being anticompetitive behaviour.
That already happened. The President already put a 100% tariff on Chinese EVs

We have minimum age requirements for our congressional representatives and the voters who put them in office, but unfortunately no such requirement for intelligence, rational thought, or integrity for either.

I am not sure what the right answer is but:

The U.S. does not have the only protectionist government in the world. If the roles were reversed, the Chinese government would be doing the exact same thing. There have been trade scuffles between the U.S. and Canada, even though those two countries are besties.

The blame here belongs with the American people, including myself, who allowed the U.S. manufacturing sector to fade away beginning decades ago. The demand for higher wages (understandable) and for lower prices ( look at Walmart) have pushed manufacturing to other countries. Until we can turn things around, we in the U.S. will continue to pay a heavy price: our future.

Do people really believe that businesses are all altruistic or above government intervention? Can you say for 100 percent certainty that the Chinese government has no involvement in DJI?

Just my 2 cents.

Listen to Joshua's take on the DJI ban. He is a patriot and a huge influencer of the [FPV] drone community and has shared some thoughts on what the ban could mean. I think it is interesting he mentioned the Drone Advocacy Alliance so @Vic Moss may want to reach out to him:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Listen to Joshua's take on the DJI ban. He is a patriot and a huge influencer of the drone community and has shared some thoughts on what the ban could mean. I think it is interesting he mentioned the Drone Advocacy Alliance so @Vic Moss may want to reach out to him:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Out of curiosity, how do you define that guy as "a huge influencer of the drone community"?

Reactions: TinajaEco
Out of curiosity, how do you define that guy as "a huge influencer of the drone community"?
I don't define anyone, it's just my opinion. I should have said FPV drone community, I will update my original quote to reflect that.

Stefanik is a right wing witch.
There are plenty on both sides that support this. I've seen many emails from both sides of the aisle that show elected officials of both stripes need to be educated.

Senator Tester from Montana is talking about introducing CCCPDA language into the Senate. And he's a Democrat.

Reactions: Dustydoug
There are plenty on both sides that support this. I've seen many emails from both sides of the aisle that show elected officials of both stripes need to be educated.

Senator Tester from Montana is talking about introducing CCCPDA language into the Senate. And he's a Democrat.
Yes reaching out to them and countering the proposals with logical arguments is one avenue.

Is there anyway to set up a petition on these forums? I don’t know how people would sign it if possible but having something that shows opposition from a wide spectrum of people might help.

Yes reaching out to them and countering the proposals with logical arguments is one avenue.

Is there anyway to set up a petition on these forums? I don’t know how people would sign it if possible but having something that shows opposition from a wide spectrum of people might help.
We have a take action page on our Drone Advocacy Alliance website. Honestly, petitions are pretty pointless in things like this. Contacting your elected officials in D.C. is the best route. They won't look at, or even care about, an online petition unless it contains 1000s of signatures from their constituents.

Online petitions have zero traction. It's too easy to astroturf an email campaign or online petition. If you want to express your opinion, call your representative's local office.

My latest attempt to add some sanity to an otherwise insane reactionary issue.

Well said. The politicians don't seem to be listening to the facts.

Reactions: TonyPHX
Well said. The politicians don't seem to be listening to the facts.
They are listening to a different set of facts. It's not about security, it's about China's market share in the drone market.

The only facts they listen to are polls. So if the public perceives that banning drones is good and will help them politically, they'll do it. Facts have nothing to do with it. Nor does reality.
It's more like greed and payoffs that affect their decisions instead of what's right for the people.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ibay