DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stick Control

realvue

Reactions
Is there a way to limit control stick function in flight so I can more easily execute the smooth, slow, sweeping left and right turns that my fat fingers keep screwing up?

Do those settings control ONLY the gimbal or the complete UAV? My turns are just too jerky.

I’m going to be flying today and will play with those settings!

Reactions: A.O.
I recently heard some advice to pinch the sticks between thumb and forefinger rather than using the thumb only. Haven't tried it yet but seems reasonable
By pinching, I think the thumb and index finger work together in an opposing manner and result in finer motor control for this old timer.

Practice, man, practice!

I mostly pinch. Sometimes I see an expert video with the most beautifully smooth flying, and find the pilot thumbs his sticks. I guess it's a matter of what works for you.

Reactions: Flycaster
Like all above, the pinch method is alot more controllable than the thumb on top of the sticks. And yes, it does take practice. You can get yourself a tiny orange traffic cone, and toss it into a field, and you can practice "orbits" using the "pinchy method", and I think you will find it alot more controllable. Go slow, it will come......

For my Mavic Pro, I also adjusted the responsiveness of the controls using the EXP settings in the DJI GO 4 app. That helped take out some of the stick response based on the degree of stick pressure that you apply. You can also adjust the Brake, Attitude and Yaw endpoint sensitivity. I will try the pinch method as that may provide more smooth response and transitions for my thick fingers. Hope helpful. I am a newbie and learning a lot from this forum along with YouTubers.

Attachments

• 98F96E7B-7342-44E4-82B4-70D8DBCE1101.jpeg
    98F96E7B-7342-44E4-82B4-70D8DBCE1101.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 0D4627CB-4803-44BA-885C-4C0C8E1BF9D5.jpeg
    0D4627CB-4803-44BA-885C-4C0C8E1BF9D5.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: pelagic_one
For my Mavic Pro, I also adjusted the responsiveness of the controls using the EXP settings in the DJI GO 4 app. That helped take out some of the stick response based on the degree of stick pressure that you apply. You can also adjust the Brake, Attitude and Yaw endpoint sensitivity. I will try the pinch method as that may provide more smooth response and transitions for my thick fingers. Hope helpful. I am a newbie and learning a lot from this forum along with YouTubers.
I don't have my SC at hand, but if I recall correctly, I have my Yaw set to less than 20% (15%)?? which makes my right and left rotations much slower so that the video is smoother.

And the braking needs to be played with to your satisfaction....I think mine is less than 100% which means the AC slows down gradually rather than coming to a stop quickly. Makes for smoother video, BUT, you have to be ready that the AC will continue in its horizontal direction for a bit because the braking is reduced. Like flying in S(ports) vs P(rogram) mode.

This is what I am recalling, but another reader can jump in.....your manual will also outline this more precisely or a YouTube tutorial.....there are many out there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun