DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stick Error - Possible Cause?

G

guest909

I've only seen this literally a couple of times. When I power on I have seen Stick Error on the RC display, a quick waggle of the sticks and reboot and everything seems OK.

I store my controller in a case which does seem a little tight when closing, the sticks seem to protrude and zipping the case closed seems a little tight (see photos)

Could this be the cause of the stick error? Could the case be putting force on the sticks?

Attachments

• IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
Have you tried recalibrating them? Mine started saying stick error after the last firmware update and a little waggle fixed it. But I noticed a slight but constant drift to the right. Recalibrated the controller and all seems fine again.

I get this when attempting to use a tablet in the Jaws of controller vrs phone and have noticed this pattern in alot of other people's posts, with mine anyway you can feel the tablet is stretching the Jaws alittle too much causing strain and flex of the controller.

I get this when attempting to use a tablet in the Jaws of controller vrs phone and have noticed this pattern in alot of other people's posts, with mine anyway you can feel the tablet is stretching the Jaws alittle too much causing strain and flex of the controller.
I have read, that magnets can affect joysticks, someone found it was the magnets on their ipad case causing stick issues. Also I have seen that an I-watch has caused problems.
For what its worth.....

I have read, that magnets can affect joysticks, someone found it was the magnets on their ipad case causing stick issues. Also I have seen that an I-watch has caused problems.
For what its worth.....
Turn ipad with power to the right so that cover magnet is at the bottom.

Turn ipad with power to the right so that cover magnet is at the bottom.
It depends on the cover you have. The magnet is on the cover, not the ipad. LOTS of covers can be stuck to either side of the ipad. Actually, removing the magnetic cover would be the best advice.

The iPad mini has magnets along its edges so orientation in the RC is important. The advice to keep the home button on the right is correct.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT