DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Still a newbie to the drone, capturing and editing world! How my doing?

Good effort but the drone needs to move around more do you need to start working on orbiting around subjects and slowly raising the camera as the drone moves forward simply rotating the drone in a fixed spot isn’t very compelling unless you’re doing an inspection. Happy droning

Definitely a beautiful area to fly. It's an open area and there are things to see. I would suggest slower, smoother yaw and gimbal movements. Quick ones tend to give a dizzying effect. Music choice was good. I don't know how much editing you did, but that part seemed good. Also, may want to consider flying with your camera settings in manual, or use the exposure lock. A couple of times the video lightened or darkened depending on where the drone or gimbal was pointing.

Over all, first efforts - well done! If you don't do it, you can't get better.

Reactions: Jriley and Brian I
I agree with the keeping of the length down. I've been doing drone videos for only a short time, so I'm still learning also. However, I've been putting together dive videos to music for quite a few years and it has been proven over many times, most viewers don't know how they end if you make them too long.

Reactions: Jriley

Please let me know what you think. ?
Two observations:

(1) the very first thing I noticed is that the video is dark. I moved up my brightness slider, but to no avail. Either you need to correct the light reading while flying, or in post-processing.

(2) You are not flying- you are just mounting your tripod higher in the sky. It is mostly a static video. You really need to start moving that sucker, try out some of the automated flight modes. In fact, try them all out.

You are telling no story, showing no interesting scenery. Watch some of the videos in this forum for better ideas .

Dale
Miami

Good effort but the drone needs to move around more do you need to start working on orbiting around subjects and slowly raising the camera as the drone moves forward simply rotating the drone in a fixed spot isn’t very compelling unless you’re doing an inspection. Happy droning
Thanks for the feedback. Already at work on all points! ?

All good suggestions from my colleagues. Think of it this way... if there is no action in the shot, you're just shooting beautiful scenery for instance, then move the drone...fly forwards on some shots, backwards on others (to reveal something), fly sideways either direction, circle an interesting object like a big silo or small lake/pond. when you ascend tilt the cmaera down at the same speed as you're rising to keep the horizon in the same place. If there is action happening in the scene, you don't have to move the drone, you can leave it in one place and let the action tell the story.

Reactions: Jriley
Two observations:

(1) the very first thing I noticed is that the video is dark. I moved up my brightness slider, but to no avail. Either you need to correct the light reading while flying, or in post-processing.

(2) You are not flying- you are just mounting your tripod higher in the sky. It is mostly a static video. You really need to start moving that sucker, try out some of the automated flight modes. In fact, try them all out.

You are telling no story, showing no interesting scenery. Watch some of the videos in this forum for better ideas
Thanks, maybe on my 6th flight I will be able to grab something compelling for you. Not too much compelling in a big empty field as I learn how to fly and operate the camera. ?

Very few people will watch a video that length. I would suggest editing it down to about 2 minutes and having relatively short clips of each scene.
Thanks, there were about 8 different clips in this video edited together. That explains the length.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54