DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still fancy the Mavic Air

DroneZig

Reactions
So after seeing the two be drones and reading the bits of information available, I have to say that I still personally want to get the mavic air. For me portability will make a huge difference when talking it along with me for a walk or a day trip. Obviously we all have different needs but for the average amateur enthusiast that's about to join the Drone world, I think the Mavic air is still a great option. I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up a second hand one at a fair price, otherwise I'll just get the flymore in a month or two.

Let me know if you're thinking the same or you're jumping from the air to the either of the two new models.

Air wins on size/portability and price, Mavic Pros wins on range and flight time. All depends on what you want. No wrong answer here. :)

THAT was some Presser this morning. Took us HOURS to calm down enough to put the charge card back in the wallet!~

FWIW: our Mavic Air is less than a month old, and has done even MORE than we hoped for prior to pulling the Trigger.

Originally we thought "Buy the Air from the Get Go, (rather than Spark) and get'r done in one swell foop. Lifetime acquisition, both live happily ever after.

Now... not so much. Time to re-jig thinking; use the Air for however long it takes to get proficient in most aspects of Drone Flight, THEN upgrade to the new Pro 2 Zoom. That's a truly amazing machine, with an incredible camera(s), and performance (almost) 'Over the Moon'! Shooting the Peak of a nearly 30,000' Mountain??? Unbelievable.

Rgds, NavMav

So after seeing the two be drones and reading the bits of information available, I have to say that I still personally want to get the mavic air. For me portability will make a huge difference when talking it along with me for a walk or a day trip. Obviously we all have different needs but for the average amateur enthusiast that's about to join the Drone world, I think the Mavic air is still a great option. I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up a second hand one at a fair price, otherwise I'll just get the flymore in a month or two.

Let me know if you're thinking the same or you're jumping from the air to the either of the two new models.
For the price you can’t beat the air. Pound for pound I think it’s the best drone you can buy.

While I truly WANT the MP2 because it is an awesome piece of tech, the honest truth is my abilities do not justify it.
I have and love my MA and there is still just so much I need to learn from it. There seems little real reason to get the MP2 right now but I await with great interest the details of dji’s trade up scheme

J

Seems you made up your mind already so go for it,

Considering the specs of the MPII Zoom will be the best bang you ever got for any buck in the history of drones, wether it's the camera, zoom capabilities, range, speed, sensors all around, 1080p FPV, flight modes, extra video and photo modes, etc etc. And it comes for the same price the MPPro originally was at the introduction. The MPII Pro is slightly more expensive and has no zoom features but packs a fixed focal length camera of amazing quality never seen before on a compact drone.

At this moment there's no alternative from the competition that comes close to the combination of features the MPII series offer. I must say, I am much more impressed than when the MPPro was announced.

While I truly WANT the MP2 because it is an awesome piece of tech, the honest truth is my abilities do not justify it.
I have and love my MA and there is still just so much I need to learn from it. There seems little real reason to get the MP2 right now but I await with great interest the details of dji’s trade up scheme

J
I'm sticking with my Air. I'm not convinced that the extra size, weight and cost is worth it. Frankly, even if I were going to buy one, I'm not sure which I would want. While I love the idea of the 1" sensor, is it more useful than the optical zoom?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028