DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Still practicing...over the south shore of Long Island

Thanks for the comments.....I am painfully aware of how my lack of experience is showing...with both flying and editing .....I did at one time fly small planes...for whatever reason they seemed a bit easier....I have to get a little more confidence and send it further from home and keep it moving....I just become uncertain of what it is doing and don't want to act hastily and have an expensive catastrophe on my hands I did want to try the Quick Shots when I was out doing this and hesitated because I am not sure of what clearance I really need...videos always show someone in the middle of a big field or at the ocean on a cliff...so I am trying to visualize the clearance the drone needs , as it seems to start the quick shot motion at about 2.5 meters or so...if any trees around...or in this case, in which I was in a park, children's swing sets and stuff like that...I did not want to crash into them on its way up...thanks you for your patience with me....and the kind encouragement....Mark

Dear Mark, I wrote a "reminder" on paper (and one digital in cellphone) for myself to read before I intend to film.
Not to swing the camera as much, and if need to, just ssssslllllloooooowwww movements. You can change it in the app you're using. pan and tilt etc. But, I enjoyed you filming over the water. Thanks also for a fine piece of music.
Bart.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Thanks for the comments.....I am painfully aware of how my lack of experience is showing...with both flying and editing .....I did at one time fly small planes...for whatever reason they seemed a bit easier....I have to get a little more confidence and send it further from home and keep it moving....I just become uncertain of what it is doing and don't want to act hastily and have an expensive catastrophe on my hands I did want to try the Quick Shots when I was out doing this and hesitated because I am not sure of what clearance I really need...videos always show someone in the middle of a big field or at the ocean on a cliff...so I am trying to visualize the clearance the drone needs , as it seems to start the quick shot motion at about 2.5 meters or so...if any trees around...or in this case, in which I was in a park, children's swing sets and stuff like that...I did not want to crash into them on its way up...thanks you for your patience with me....and the kind encouragement....Mark
I always, at my stage, make lots of adjustments-both in gimbal and yaw settings, but once I start filming and the red light is flashing on/off, I try like hell to keep my fingers off the yaw and gimbal. If yaw movements are made, do them as slowly as you possibly can. If all else fails, edit them out vigorously and put in a cross/fade transition to cover up the new scene transition.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
If I can get a day without too much wind...and get the courage to send the mini over the water..I am dying to get videos of guys surfing

If I can get a day without too much wind...and get the courage to send the mini over the water..I am dying to get videos of guys surfing
I am hoping not read about that in the drone obituaries. I have a bigger drone (sorry-MP2) and it can withstand 20-25mph winds and do not hesitate to fly over the ocean here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev