DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still struggling with drone hyperlapse stability

Reactions: Thomas B
@djidroneservice does work on them and i use them, Steve will see where I just flagged him .
I bought my Mavic 2 Pro from Steve and he knows me. Maybe I'll give him a call. Do you think it is a hardware issue? No past medical history of trauma to the drone (I am a doctor). I take care care of it like a newborn baby.

Reactions: dirkclod
I bought my Mavic 2 Pro from Steve and he knows me. Maybe I'll give him a call. Do you think it is a hardware issue? No past medical history of trauma to the drone (I am a doctor). I take care care of it like a newborn baby.
Not implying abuse at all, but failures happen. @djidroneservice will do a free analysis of your drone. I believe this includes shipping also.

Reactions: DDS
Not implying abuse at all, but failures happen. @djidroneservice will do a free analysis of your drone. I believe this includes shipping also.
No I do not beat me wife. LOL

I tried to call Steve there. Long wait. I e-mailed him. Thanks. Will keep all informed. I am giving up until then.

Reactions: DDS and Thomas B
I really can’t say but have a test video loading I just made and will show you here when it cooks. If Steve doesn’t log on I will contact him. Or try, with all this virus issue it’s no telling
whats going on up there.

I really can’t say but have a test video loading I just made and will show you here when it cooks. If Steve doesn’t log on I will contact him. Or try, with all this virus issue it’s no telling
whats going on up there.
Dirk-I figured I've exhausted every resource at this point. I tried for 4 days and 12 hours of work to create a 7 second clip. It was too unstable. I calibrated IMU and Gimbal endlessly. I really agree with Thomas B. that this is a hardware problem. I called DJI Drone Service and the phone was never picked up, perhaps due to virus closure. I wrote to Steve at DJI Drone SVC early in the day, but did not get a reply in e-mail. So I went on line to DJI and went through my qualifications to use my DJI Care policy which is good through October. So I just decided at that point to pay the $119.00 fee and got the shipping label from DJI to ship to Grapevine, TX. for quick replacement rather than repair which takes longer. Their web site says they are slowed down due to virus and it could be weeks for repair. So no more flying for me until I get the replacement back.

Dirk-I figured I've exhausted every resource at this point. I tried for 4 days and 12 hours of work to create a 7 second clip. It was too unstable. I calibrated IMU and Gimbal endlessly. I really agree with Thomas B. that this is a hardware problem. I called DJI Drone Service and the phone was never picked up, perhaps due to virus closure. I wrote to Steve at DJI Drone SVC early in the day, but did not get a reply in e-mail. So I went on line to DJI and went through my qualifications to use my DJI Care policy which is good through October. So I just decided at that point to pay the $119.00 fee and got the shipping label from DJI to ship to Grapevine, TX. for quick replacement rather than repair which takes longer. Their web site says they are slowed down due to virus and it could be weeks for repair. So no more flying for me until I get the replacement back.
Likely the best move. The Grapevine center replaced my MPP after I introduced it to a tree... took 9 days, which included 2 weekends to receive an MPP in a sealed box vid DJICare.
On another note.... thought about you when I saw this video of drone flying in Monument Valley. Might help you plan the future trip.

Reactions: Dale D
Likely the best move. The Grapevine center replaced my MPP after I introduced it to a tree... took 9 days, which included 2 weekends to receive an MPP in a sealed box vid DJICare.
On another note.... thought about you when I saw this video of drone flying in Monument Valley. Might help you plan the future trip.
Thanks for the follow up Tom. First thing tomorrow after my tennis game I'm off to UPS to drop off the M2P to Grapevine TX. Thank you also for the Monument Valley video. I can't help thinking that all of the flight was done surreptitiously, and that it wasn't allowed but he did it anyway. I also think it would be a waste of time to ask for a drone permit, and if they could monetize it they would! I have made a note of this video for future planning when they lift the coronavirus travel restrictions.

I'm already feeling a loss of drone syndrome.

Last edited:
Well still posting what I went out to see this morning.was windy but not bad. Nothing great just was a test. In the moving one I have it wide open in cruise control.
basically I was just playing in this.FWIW

Enjoyed it. Good demo! Very stable video clips.
really liked the unravel of the tiny planet at the end
Lol see the gal running backwards.?‍♂️

On the lower right as the planet I wound?
No on the left. I cut it short to not have it all in there but you see her at the start.

Well still posting what I went out to see this morning.was windy but not bad. Nothing great just was a test. In the moving one I have it wide open in cruise control.
basically I was just playing in this.FWIW
Yep. -That proves it. Your hover was as steady as a rock. On my way to UPS first thing in the AM to ship to DJI for a probably refurbished one from Grapevine,TX. To be continued as soon as I get the refurb. back home.

Yep. -That proves it. Your hover was as steady as a rock. On my way to UPS first thing in the AM to ship to DJI for a probably refurbished one from Grapevine,TX. To be continued as soon as I get the refurb. back home.
Look forward to your vids!

hi Dale, did you ever resolve this issue? I’m having similar uneven footage in hyperlapse mode. Though not as pronounced as yours, my footage is still unuseable

hi Dale, did you ever resolve this issue? I’m having similar uneven footage in hyperlapse mode. Though not as pronounced as yours, my footage is still unuseable
I gave up on it after many tries. It just is not possible to get a steady video even with stabilization in Adobe Premier Pro.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato