DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still worth it?

I'm in Europe and currently the MP1 refurbished is going for 800Eur. Do they do promotions regularly?

Do you reckon there will be deals after Christmas?

Thank you all for all the feedback, obviously I haven't decided yet (it will take a while...).
I'm starting to lean to the MP1. I guess I could afford the MP2, it's just that maybe I will be spending on something that I won't take full advantage of. By the way, any of you guys share your MP1 photos online? Some kind of social media like Flickr? I'd like to see the full resolution.
The videos at the top of this page were made with my Mavic 2 Zoom. The ones at the bottom of the page were made with a Mavic Pro. http://hermitdog.com/mavic_videos.htm Happy choosing!

Reactions: m0j0
Thank you all for the continuous feedback. I am starting to look at the used MP's however I have some concerns spending 700$ on a used device... Is there any way I can guarantee that the drone is in good state? How do you know if the batteries are still performing well?

Thank you all for the continuous feedback. I am starting to look at the used MP's however I have some concerns spending 700$ on a used device... Is there any way I can guarantee that the drone is in good state? How do you know if the batteries are still performing well?
Get a dji official refurb. You can get dji care refresh on it. I believe you can get it on a used one as well if you follow dji instructions and send in a video.

Utter nonsense. Please specify these bugs which 'have not been fixed'.

I've been flying a Mavic Pro for the last 12 months and have had absolutely no issues with it. I'd like to know which 'bugs' have prompted your comment.

Just because your mavics been fine doesn't mean others don't have bugs.
other people have being trying to solve this onnoying bug with the horizon tilting that's happening on peoples Mavic 1.
My horizon tilt is like the Gimble setting is switched into that fpv view in the Go 4 settings ive checked and mine is in follow.

True - I know nothing about DJI and their support but I hope (HOPE) that it'll still be supported in 5 years time. I'm thinking that 5 years for the "body" is about right (thinking about photography for a second which is what I know best) so fully expect my new MP2 to last that long. I do think though that tech advancements mean that I've reached that point where the tech is way beyond my amateur needs. I know however that I'll be astounded at what is buzzing around (silently) in 5 years time and will want to upgrade.
Get a dji official refurb. You can get dji care refresh on it. I believe you can get it on a used one as well if you follow dji instructions and send in a video.

Seriously, with some new changes on the horizon for the Mavic 2 controllers (to be released January 8, 2019), I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavic Pro has significant price reduction after Christmas. I see that Adorama is selling it for $759.00. Last Monday I paid $729 on B&H Camera for a "green Monday" sale (first I ever heard of it)! You can also ask if Adorama has a 30 day price match if they start selling them after Christmas for less.

https://www.adorama.com/djicppt00667.html?origterm=mavic+pro&searchredirect=true

Utter nonsense. Please specify these bugs which 'have not been fixed'.

I've been flying a Mavic Pro for the last 12 months and have had absolutely no issues with it. I'd like to know which 'bugs' have prompted your comment.

And this reaction isn't needed in this forum people come here to find and get help...…...

Ooops! The mavic being sold by adorama for $759 did not include the controller. But I did pay $749 for a mavic plus a pelican case from b&h photo. The pelican case is now being sold for $199.
I'm still expecting prices to go down after the holidays. B&h said they would honor the lower price if prices did go down in next 30 days.

My mavic pro platinum has worked perfectly straight out the box and since new has had several updates installed all went smoothly.

My point of making that statement above is whilst the platinum was the last incarnation of the mavic pro 1 before DJI announced the Mavic 2, both the former drones are still very much still worth getting, if you want the latest and greatest just don’t expect everything to be perfect because it won’t and this rule applies to all drone manufacturers, it takes time to iron out all problems that may incur, whereas the mavic pro 1 and platinum have had all the problems sorted by now.
I have in the past 6 years been an early adopter of new drones from Black Sheep, DJI, and Yuneec, and in my experience not one of them was perfect out the box but yes the problems were eventually over time put right with various updates.

But my last purchased drone was the mavic pro platinum and because it’s mostly a Mavic Pro 1, which has been in production even longer and because of this all those initial problems you get with the latest and greatest have already been put right with past updates, I can honestly say my mavic pro platinum has been the best out of the box over all my past drones simply because when I purchased it was already coming to the end of its production life and had already been well tested.

Reactions: jonnybrown
Has anyone bought from Amazon warehouse (used products)? They have a good deal, I think. The Mavic Pro with fly more combo for 880euro. I know I could get it cheaper buying used on eBay or something similar but this way at least I would have the Amazon customer service, which has been great the two times I used them

i would go for the zoom or mavic pro 2 DJI has abandoned the mavic 1 and its still got loads of problems bugs they havnt fixed.
I have not had a single issue with my Mavic. I don't know what "loads of Bugs" you are referring to.

The issue with the horizon is not with mavic pro but gimbals in general. My m2p suffers to a degree and so do my handheld gimbals like osmo x3 and osmo plus. Someone has suggested Autel Evo here. That drone has had some crazy problems with keeping level horizon.
constant battle accross most platforms. Sometimes great sometimes it isn't .. For certain this isn't a deal breaker. The Autel guys are not reporting horizon tilt anymore than the Mavics are..

Autel is pretty much finished and out of buisness now .
Really.. where is the evidence of this? They are still selling birds and the EVO is a very good joice in comparison with the Mavic series. I would give the edge to the Mavic 2 Pro but aside from that camera others are fairly close in quality.

As the old proverb goes - "buy cheap - buy twice". I have just bought my first drone (an M2P) as I have no intention of buying another one for 5 years at least. I'd say get the very best you can afford (and the M2P is the very best I can afford) - Just need to keep the invoice away from management...

The Mavic 1 is a great piece of kit. Definately not cheap. The upgrade from a Mavic to the Mavic 2 is not monumental.

I was thinking the same about my Mavic Platinum. Still do... but have some doubts about 4 more years of support from DJI.
I'm curious what support are you expecting from DJI that you are not getting? TBH DJI does more to support their products than any other manufacturer. Autel has made promises that they never delivered and Yuneec has also failed to deliver on their promises. Both of these companies promised modular design with upgrades coming. None delivered. DJI continues to update their firmware. Something the others don't do often enough. So what type of support are you expecting that you don't believe you will get. At what point have they provided enough product support for a previous model?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair