DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen DJI drones

The thieves won’t care, they’ll sell them cheap on eBay or wherever and then disappear with the money. Unfortunately too many people are hooked in by a price that’s obviously too low.
The worst scenario is the buyer, who will get a lot of hassle during the drone activation as all the SN of stolen drones as DJI may have already notified.

The problem with DJI blacklisting a bunch of serial numbers is that it creates a problem of innocent consumers getting screwed over. Obviously, no one should buy stolen goods but I bet most will do so unwittingly.

And until it becomes widely known, it is also fails as a deterrent.

@ianwood actually in the UK someone who receives stolen property is deemed just as ,or in some cases more guilty than the original thief
i agree that someone who knows nothing about drones or their pricing would only find out that they had purchased a stolen drone after they had tried to activate it ,but some of the drones that were stolen including the mavic 3 and above are only going to be of interest to people in the know ,and they will hopefully be able to realise that the drones price is not genuine and alert the authorities

In a long way around the data collection that these drones have is very impressive. It does log the battery serial numbers as well as the drone serial number. These then could be traced and located if law enforcement wanted to pursue it. Once in an area it would not be too hard to find the persons flying. Hard part would be communication between parties that were needed. Local, DJI, Air data or others.

Now they do. ;)
That made me chuckle. It may be true, but I doubt it very much, the thieves are probably planning (or already carrying out) their next 'job', not reading drone forums. 😟

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000