DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stolen Mavic 2Air in Eugene, Or

Being from Miami, most residents here have been drilled in the practice of not leaving anything visible in your car. Practically speaking, I never leave anything of value anywhere in the car. We are lucky in having an attached garage so when I get home, everything is taken from the car to the house. I know this will not help your situation, but perhaps practicing these hints will save others from the same fate.
Ha ha,
So true !

I left a Calculus III book on my dashboard a few years back.... it was stolen!
I work for a large F100 company and our USA facilities report 10x the number of thefts than our EU facilities.

Sadly, many of these drones will be sold in overseas markets for peanuts. And they will be flying soon.

DJI, Apple , Parrot, Google, Huawei , Xiaomi etc , etc can‘t or wont block anything. It is a joke.

Do you know what the bail for a stolen car is? 1,000 usd. $100.00 fee will get you out in no time.
homeless? Case dismissed....

sounds about right some of us just can,t roll that way i think if a caught a thief in the act i would probably be in more trouble then them

I didn't have time to go through the whole thread but I'd suggest having a small tracker of some sort. Especially if you have a case for it with foam. You can easily hide it somewhere inside of the foam and track where it is with your phone. I bought one for my Mavic 2 Pro from Home Depot (about $50 for two) before I sold it (the drone I mean). I had a hard case with foam inside. I cut a small slit in the foam and dug out a small cavity behind that lip. Then, I inserted the tracker and closed it up. You couldn't tell that there was even a slit there. A good solution and compared to the loss of your drone, relatively cheap. Of course there is a chance that they'll throw away the case and just take the drone, batteries, and whatever other accessories you have, it's not very likely. Especially considering how expensive hard cases are these days.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy