DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stopped in at the DJI store in Paris

Funny because they don’t let you fly in Paris or most of the country.
True for Paris, not true for the rest of the country. Most of the country is actually OK to fly, the rules are clear : no flying over twons/villages, no higher than 150m high, maintain VLOS. Common sense, that's all.
If you want to fly in France, check this map out : Découvrez des spots de drone - DroneSpot

True for Paris, not true for the rest of the country. Most of the country is actually OK to fly, the rules are clear : no flying over twons/villages, no higher than 150m high, maintain VLOS. Common sense, that's all.
If you want to fly in France, check this map out : Découvrez des spots de drone - DroneSpot

Eh, have you seen the scale that each of those dots represents. Use another source and you will see the flight restrictions. France is somewhere near 50% unflyable.

It's probably a matter of glass half full vs half empty. Most of the unflyable areas are cities, villages, and airports proximity. Honestly, living in France, I do not see a problem go flying nearby any place I live, and get some nice shots.
Keep in mind that there are nuances of colors on the map : only red areas are unflyable. The rest have a cap on altitude ranging from 30m to 150 (from the top of my head)

It's probably a matter of glass half full vs half empty. Most of the unflyable areas are cities, villages, and airports proximity. Honestly, living in France, I do not see a problem go flying nearby any place I live, and get some nice shots.
Keep in mind that there are nuances of colors on the map : only red areas are unflyable. The rest have a cap on altitude ranging from 30m to 150 (from the top of my head)
Exactly. I’ve been flying for months now. Actually bought my Air from that shop in Paris. Very nice staff.

Just an hour cycle or 30 min train from Paris and you can fly to your heart’s delight. 1.5 hours by car and there’s no restriction, except 150 m, which is logical when it’s not a wilderness.

Seriously, what’s to complain about? 1/2 of France? Je pense pas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000