DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storage and 1 other

Jimmy202

Reactions
Hi all - Newbie so new gentle please if I am in wrong area.

Mavic Air 1 (but may apply to other drones)

Bought drone about 3 years and just got round to using it hence older drone question, it has probably been asked a thousand times but I am just looking for simple storage answer in one place (and I know it will depend on certain settings) Thanks!

1. Does default settings save to SD card (if one inserted) I know you might need to select from on screen but the settings on screen are new to me still.
2. Does it Save to internal 8GB on drone first (even if card is inserted) and is that lower quality?
3. Does it save to the controller at all?
4. Does it save to phone (android) (even if also saved to internal or sd)?
5. Unrelated (do batteries on this model need firmware updates and is that done automatically by app when inserted).
6. When doing a helix, or dronie or one of auto modes - do you need to press record or is that automatic?

Only reason I ask is I went on a 14 mile hike done a quick helix shot (no sd card in but space I presume on internal) and it's not there even when attached to windows (can see drive (on windows 11) with 5gb of files but not the helix which I presume would be less than 3GB for 30 second flight).

That's it (and it was meant to be a quick post!)

Thanks again to all you guys that take time to help people.

J

Hi there & welcome to the forum 👋:D

1. Does default settings save to SD card (if one inserted) I know you might need to select from on screen but the settings on screen are new to me still.
Don't remember but you could easily test it out by yourself ... You find the storage setting in the GO4 app according to the pic. below.

1655462092108.png

2. Does it Save to internal 8GB on drone first (even if card is inserted) and is that lower quality?
The storage location follows the setting in the earlier pic. & if you've chosen the internal the full res. videos/photos will be saved there.

3. Does it save to the controller at all?
No, nothing is saved to the Mavic Air controller.

4. Does it save to phone (android) (even if also saved to internal or sd)?
No, not automatically, you could "download" full res copies to the mobile device through the GO4 gallery, but to do that your drone needs to be powered & connected to the RC with a mobile device attached. Low res "cache" copies can be saved in parallel in the mobile device if the "cache" function is activated.

5. Unrelated (do batteries on this model need firmware updates and is that done automatically by app when inserted).
Yes ... when doing a drone update the battery in it at the time will be updated if applicable ... but all other batteries you may have will be updated when used in the drone out from a prompt in the app. If the drone accepts the battery & let you fly no battery update was needed.

6. When doing a helix, or dronie or one of auto modes - do you need to press record or is that automatic?
All quick shot modes auto records when initiated & auto stops when the move is finalized ... the recording will also only be in 1080P if I'm remembering correctly.

Hi Slup - really appreciate you answering so fast - just need to get more practice in!

Again can't thank you enough - now makes much more sense to me, and you have saved me a lot of time, though I did spend a lot of time trying to see if I could find files on the controller so I did try things first!

Cheers Bud

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki