DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storing Air with or without battery in it?

Edwin Aguilar

Reactions
Hey folks. So, I dont know if I should store the Air with the battery connected or not connected? I feel like I should not connect it, but I worry about the battery compartment being exposed to the air ( sure, it is in the case, but still.) So, anyone know the answer to this?. Many thanks for any thgouths.,

So, anyone know the answer to this?
I usually store mine without the battery installed. However, DJI ships them with a battery installed and they sit on store shelves with a battery installed.

I usually store mine without the battery installed. However, DJI ships them with a battery installed and they sit on store shelves with a battery installed.

Yes those new batteries are in hibernation mode, so no harm in doing so.

I take it out of the drone as often as I take the battery out of my phone

I only remove the battery if I know I am not going to be flying for another two weeks or more. Since I normally fly weekly, I leave it in. Hasn't been an issue.

Reactions: Franco7
I'd store it in a ziplock airproof bag with a pouch of dessicant gel in it

Reactions: Edwin Aguilar
I’d recommend storage without the battery. Just in case the battery decides to have a nuclear meltdown! Good idea to store the batteries in a burn bag as well. Lots of good info on battery storage in other threads.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Most electronics recommend removing batteries for long term storage. Corrosion could develop on the connectors and if the battery has a problem it would not take your Air with it.

For the short term, I leave mine in. I try to fly as often as possible if the weather and short daylight permits.

I also sometimes store it with and sometimes without the battery in place.

Looking like there are as many variations as there are replies here.

Is there any 'official' recommendation from DJI? If not, could that mean that there is no such 'best practice'?

I also sometimes store it with and sometimes without the battery in place.

Looking like there are as many variations as there are replies here.

Is there any 'official' recommendation from DJI? If not, could that mean that there is no such 'best practice'?
Please see Lastrexking entry above for link!

I generally store mine with the battery removed. Don’t know if the Air is like other RC’s I have that if you leave the battery connect it wil run down the battery even if turned off. Have lost a couple of batteries like this.

I generally store mine with the battery removed. Don’t know if the Air is like other RC’s I have that if you leave the battery connect it wil run down the battery even if turned off. Have lost a couple of batteries like this.
Is the discharge you note faster than the rate in just storing batteries alone? I am in the habit of leaving one in the drone..

Is the discharge you note faster than the rate in just storing batteries alone? I am in the habit of leaving one in the drone..

Yes it will kill a battery in a few days. With the Mavic having intelligent battery it might be a totally different game. After all they are smart enough to put themselves into storage.

The batteries I was referring to were the normal lipos that are used in non Dji flying machines.

Yes it will kill a battery in a few days. With the Mavic having intelligent battery it might be a totally different game. After all they are smart enough to put themselves into storage.

The batteries I was referring to were the normal lipos that are used in non Dji flying machines.
I always leave a battery in my MA, and it DOESN'T run it down.

Reactions: Gramps50 and Mrmund
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60