Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange Appendage on Platinum . . .

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
We were flying for a client yesterday and we "noticed" a strange appendage sticking out from the back of the Platinum. Below are a couple of pictures of it. Any ideas what it is and why it's there?

IMG_7334.jpg

IMG_7335.jpg

Here ya go.

Reactions: dirkclod
Had to many of them it is a getterback for sure .
83EB9D79-C448-4A40-AE71-C96FCE8F2F71.jpegScreen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.01.53 PM.png

Last edited:
So it will keep your bird afloat in case you crash in water?
Nooooooo it just sends that yellow buoy with a string attached to the surface so you can pull up whatever has sunk . Well I believe up to 100' .

Reactions: Thomas B
Nooooooo it just sends that yellow buoy with a string attached to the surface so you can pull up whatever has sunk . Well I believe up to 100' .
Lol... So you can bury the corpse. Anyone have a link to them online?

Lol... So you can bury the corpse. Anyone have a link to them online?
I got all mine from Amazon but just looked and don't see them on there now but any of the sporting goods sites will have them....Basspro and so on.
Here's how it works

As noted it is a GetterBack and we use them for all water ops.

It's an "Airframe Recovery Device". This allows us to diagnose (possibly) cause of failure and potentially recover our SD card and DATA on it. The DATA is more important than the aircraft.

It's important to note that this only has approx 100' or recovery line so it the aircraft goes into an area deeper than 100' it's still a lost cause.

It's funny to note that this product DOUBLED in price a year or so ago when the Drone Industry started using them often. They changed a few small things (color, formula of the seal etc) added the word DRONE to the packaging and doubled their price LOL.

Well what was this a test to see if any knew what it was .You knew . :p

Well what was this a test to see if any knew what it was .You knew . :p

Yep it was just some "random content" for fun & grins. We were shooting for a new client at the local lake and experimenting with different locations to attach it to the Mavic. I really like that "Stinger" location and thought it looked funny.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum