DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange color shifts

Can't say much without a video to reference. I have had two experiences with color shift from the Mavic 3 Classic. One was a freshly plowed field with light colored soil where some very mild color shifting occurred. That turned out to be simply light direction. The other was some very prominent shifting in reds. That turned out to be a lens malfunction and the drone was replaced.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Colour shift is often a white balance problem. If yr set to auto white balance then this could be the cause. Switch to manual and set it correctly.

Reactions: SethB
I shared a YouTube link that shows up when I look at the post. I guess it wasn't showing for you all. I just tried to copied and pasted the link again. Let me know if you still can't see it.

Your youtube clip is set to “private”. Nobody else can see it until it is set to public or unlisted.

Oh my goodness, I'm a mess. Okay, it should be set to unlisted now.

Regarding the one comment about auto white balance, I wonder if that's a possibility. I try to shoot everything in Pro mode, but I did notice a couple of times after I set up little hyperlapse tests that the drone had defaulted to Auto mode. It is possible this shot was taken while in Auto mode before I realized things had switched.

Thanks for any help on this. I'm obviously still new to this.

Colour shift is often a white balance problem. If yr set to auto white balance then this could be the cause. Switch to manual and set it correctly.
Totally agree. Although I wonder, was that color shifting or weird compression artifacts?

I'm shooting with a Mini 3 Pro. Can anyone explain the strange color shift on the sand in this shot? I shot D-Cine and applied the DJI Rec709 LUT, with minimal color correcting. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have looked at the video and I do not see the color shift that you are referencing.

I'm shooting with a Mini 3 Pro. Can anyone explain the strange color shift on the sand in this shot? I shot D-Cine and applied the DJI Rec709 LUT, with minimal color correcting. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I don't see any colour shift from the camera, what I see is a camera changing shutter speed and/or aperture and/or white balance. You can see it at 0.21 / 0.22, especially in the shadows, which become a bit greenish.

My advice, set all camera settings to manual and set it to the maximum light you are going to record in your scene.

put a sd card into that remote and start screen recording your sessions. this will narrow down your settings for each clip. its probably white balance set to auto or even in that light, the iso set to auto.

I have looked at the video and I do not see the color shift that you are referencing.
Okay it's not just me then! The sand looks like it might get a little bit "brighter" (better exposed) as the camera shifts, but that seems to be related to the position of the drone/camera. My monitor is not the greatest, but the overall color and exposure of the shot look the same to me from start to finish.

Does that show in your original footage straight from mini 3 ? I'm assuming it does not, what I see is a heavy export compression, also the waves approaching the shore are choppy which suggests that perhaps your editing software frame rate timeline is not matching the frame rate of the original clip ? In short, I'd made sure the frame rates are matching and increase bitrate (set to constant bitrate not auto) to 40 000kb (40Mbps) if exporting in 1080p, 100 000kbps if in 4k. Perhaps you've already figured that one out, but it does not look like mini 3 issue to me. Hope that helps.

Does that show in your original footage straight from mini 3 ? I'm assuming it does not, what I see is a heavy export compression, also the waves approaching the shore are choppy which suggests that perhaps your editing software frame rate timeline is not matching the frame rate of the original clip ? In short, I'd made sure the frame rates are matching and increase bitrate (set to constant bitrate not auto) to 40 000kb (40Mbps) if exporting in 1080p, 100 000kbps if in 4k. Perhaps you've already figured that one out, but it does not look like mini 3 issue to me. Hope that helps.
Very helpful. Thank you!

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
Very much so. You helped me realize I need to put way more thought into my export settings. Thanks!
awesome, thanks for getting back to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent