DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange issues with new Mini. Camera button required to power on/off. Constantly tries to re-pair

akvalle26

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Got dad a mini for father's day. I have one myself, so I know what I'm doing. His worked 100% fine at first. But then a day later started acting up (no crash, etc. happened)

Here's weird stuff that happens. This is for the controller
  • To power on... (Press Power) (Hold power) (Press camera button)
  • To power off... (Press Power) (Hold power) (Press camera) (Press camera)
  • Once powered on... constantly tries to re-pair with Drone. See video:
    To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
    For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The power on/off issues definitely make me think it's a controller issue & not a drone issue. I've tried to look up how to reset the controller, but cannot find anything (only for reset of drone)

Thanks for your help

Hi everyone,

Got dad a mini for father's day. I have one myself, so I know what I'm doing. His worked 100% fine at first. But then a day later started acting up (no crash, etc. happened)

Here's weird stuff that happens. This is for the controller
  • To power on... (Press Power) (Hold power) (Press camera button)
  • To power off... (Press Power) (Hold power) (Press camera) (Press camera)
  • Once powered on... constantly tries to re-pair with Drone. See video:
    To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
    For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The power on/off issues definitely make me think it's a controller issue & not a drone issue. I've tried to look up how to reset the controller, but cannot find anything (only for reset of drone)

Thanks for your help
why the heck are you trying to start it upside down ,i thought you said you knew what you were doing ,dont you realise it has to be the right way up for the motors and gimbal to initialise
cant say any more as i might get told off by the forum controllers

The drone was already powered on. It's upside down just to pair (holding power button for 4 seconds)
switch it all off delete and reinstall the fly app ,then connect your screen device if you have a spare SD card change it for the one in the drone, then start the RC and wait for it to say RC connected on the screen, then start the drone and wait for it to connect to the RC and say go fly ,if all is well it should all connect

Reactions: Slade
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone