DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange loss of controller link to M2P

Doug86

Reactions
I've been flying almost every day this month with no issues. Zero problems, everything was great. I flew 3 different missions yesterday without a problem. This morning, with topped up batteries, I went to launch, and the M2P simply refuses to link to the controller. I attempted to create the link again via the GoFly app instructions with no luck, so I brought it all home and 'refreshed' all the firmware on the controller and the aircraft and the problem persists. I previously updated the latest versions of firmware back in the beginning of October, including all 3 batteries, and today the DJI Assistant 2 said everything I plugged in was the latest version, but I let it "refresh" everything anyway.

I've even tried connecting the iphone via a USB cable to bypass the stock tiny cable, with no difference.

I've tried the link process in every way, using the 3 button method, the software in the GoFly app, and of course always pressing the tiny button on the aircraft itself. All the displays say "linking" or "binding" but it never happens...

I've never crashed or had other issues, and I've had this drone for over 12 months and flown 100's of flights

Any ideas for further solutions until I can contact DJI on Monday? I had a small project for the drone tomorrow, but I guess that probably won't happen unless some here has a solution.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: MedicFL1
Flew fine yesterday, Today it say VERSION MISMATCH - UPDATE ALL MODULES what the heck is going on?
Also, there is no camera transmission to the Go 4 App.
Tried a different cable = no joy
Others have said refreshing the Firmware did not fix?
Did you get yours fixed and if so, what worked for you?

I had loads of error messages a few months ago and after trying everything else a new cable fixed it.
All I could suggest is to try a 3rd cable but from a different supplier?
Or maybe the fitting where you attach the cable to the controller is damaged?

Flew fine yesterday, Today it say VERSION MISMATCH - UPDATE ALL MODULES what the heck is going on?
After one hour with DJI tech support, I sent it to DJI for repair. They had it for 4 days, and sent it back with a report that it was working fine, and "no issues" were found. It's been fine since I got it back from them. I'm suspicious of their report that "no issues" were found. When I got the drone back, it said it needed new firmware as soon as I turned it on.

In praise of DJI, there was zero cost to me. They paid the shipping both ways, and the service was free. So, I'm a happy customer.

After one hour with DJI tech support, I sent it to DJI for repair. They had it for 4 days, and sent it back with a report that it was working fine, and "no issues" were found. It's been fine since I got it back from them. I'm suspicious of their report that "no issues" were found. When I got the drone back, it said it needed new firmware as soon as I turned it on.

In praise of DJI, there was zero cost to me. They paid the shipping both ways, and the service was free. So, I'm a happy customer.
Did they send your controller back or a different one?

I had loads of error messages a few months ago and after trying everything else a new cable fixed it.
All I could suggest is to try a 3rd cable but from a different supplier?
Or maybe the fitting where you attach the cable to the controller is damaged?
I ruled out the cable idea when I attached my iPad to the controller with an entirely different cable, and that didn't change anything. DJI repair did something to fix it, but they haven't admitted what they did.

Reactions: lilewis
First off, did you mean Fly app or did you really mean Go4? You can't use Fly with Mavic 2 Pro (M2P), only Go4. It is really the M2 Pro we're talking about and not either of the Minis or Air 2, correct?

Second, it's important to distinguish a connection problem between the AC and RC with RC and mobile. This distinction is easy as you do not need the mobile connected to fly the M2P. The RC itself will display if the AC is connected to the RC or not. If the RC and AC are able to connect, firmware is not likely an issue.

Assuming your issue is RC to mobile. If you are using the bottom USB port, be sure you do not have any of the short cables connected to the side port. If you do, that disables data on the bottom port but not power.

That happened to me once when I was doing flight time hover test between older and new batteries. I was also providing external power to the remote from the side port. App went nuts. With frozen video and much of the telemetry stuck. I restarted everything, firmware automatically refreshed and hadn't had issues since.

First off, did you mean Fly app or did you really mean Go4? You can't use Fly with Mavic 2 Pro (M2P), only Go4. It is really the M2 Pro we're talking about and not either of the Minis or Air 2, correct?

Second, it's important to distinguish a connection problem between the AC and RC with RC and mobile. This distinction is easy as you do not need the mobile connected to fly the M2P. The RC itself will display if the AC is connected to the RC or not. If the RC and AC are able to connect, firmware is not likely an issue.

Assuming your issue is RC to mobile. If you are using the bottom USB port, be sure you do not have any of the short cables connected to the side port. If you do, that disables data on the bottom port but not power.
Yes, I meant Go4 app. I did try to link without any mobile attached, and that didn't fix it. The problem was definitely a linking issue between the RC and the aircraft. I spent an hour on the phone with a DJI tech after the first post. This has nothing to do with any in flight issue, this happened at start up before launch.

Thomas B,

Your comment got me wondering.... DID they send back the same controller (RC)? Now I'm not so sure.
On close inspection this morning, I see that there was a sticker over the little code and S/N square on the back of the RC. (See photo.) I peeled that off to show the S/N (see other photo). Next, I compared the controller S/N DJI reported as being returned to me in their shipping email, and it's not the one on the RC.

Now really curious, I turned everything on and checked through the Go4 app to see what S/N the app has registered for the 'flight controller', and it shows the exact same S/N as the aircraft.

So, at this point, I think DJI replaced the RC for free. It should be noted that I've owned the M2P for over 12 months, and did not purchase DJI care for this unit, so I remain a very happy customer.
IMG_3515.JPGIMG_3516.JPG

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS