DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange move

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
At this moment, I fly pretty much. THis morning I realized that my Mavic Air make a stranges move, somewhere between 45 and 60 seconds after take-off. It makes a sudden left yawn, about 80° to 90° like it tries to avoid an obstacle or so. The only thing, there was no obstacle and looking back to the unedited footage I have, I see the same move on several occasions and at different locations.

This is todays log of the first flight. I did not see any strange thing in here. Anyone an idea what it could be?

THis morning I realized that my Mavic Air make a stranges move, somewhere between 45 and 60 seconds after take-off. It makes a sudden left yawn, about 80° to 90°
Looks to me like you commanded the Yaw via the Rudder.....

Rudder.png

Hey,

thanks for looking into that. That was exactly what i thought when it happened the first time (newbie, so my mistake) but this morning, I am sure I didn't do that. I brought the drone into a position and wanted to check if in my flight directions were any obstacles as it suddenly moved away. Then I corrected it.
Looking at the flight pattern, I see that it looks like I moved sidewards in the beginning, that is something I didn't do. Might stay mysterious for ever. Next time I fly, I will get another cam to follow the drone and have the sequences synchronized, maybe then we find a clou.

but this morning, I am sure I didn't do that. I brought the drone into a position and wanted to check if in my flight directions were any obstacles as it suddenly moved away.
If you can share the log from this flight, we can most likely give you the answer. I "assumed" that the flight you posted was related.

If you can share the log from this flight, we can most likely give you the answer. I "assumed" that the flight you posted was related.
This was the log from this morning.

As I took of, I made a right turn about a 90° to the road I was standing on, heading for an old castleruin. After about 30 meters or so, the drone I stopped to check if the treeline in front (about 100 meters) away, would force me to pull up to a higher altitude. As I did so, the mentioned turn happend.
Funny enough, if I look at the flightpattern for the first minute or so, I looks like I fly in a sidewards move away from the road. I will put another videocam up for the next couple of flights to see if it happens again. If so, I'll share, if not, I consider it to be somehow a move I caused.

Funny enough, if I look at the flightpattern for the first minute or so, I looks like I fly in a sidewards move away from the road.
I really don't see what you are referring to. I uploaded the log to the Phantom Help site. The link is here: Log Link
If you can point out where in the flight you are referring I can take another look at the data from that point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM