DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange question about mounting a phone

• Thread starter Deleted member 125445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 125445

Here is a strange question about mounting a smartphone in the Air 2 controller. When a smartphone is mounted on the Air 2 controller, are the power and volume buttons of the phone clear of contact with the controller? I ask because I recently purchased a car mount for my phone, and when I put the phone in the car mount, the clamps of the mount were constantly pressing the side buttons of the phone! The power and volume buttons are on the right side of my Google Pixel, so they would be on the top side of the controller when the phone is rotated sideways and mounted in the controller. Any experience with this would definitely be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I have iPhone X with power on one side and volume on the other. I have modest case on it. Very thin with cut outs for the buttons. The clamps are over the buttons which I find annoying. But there it slight pocket in the clamp that the buttons slot into and it just misses pushing the buttons. But I worry it’s a little close for comfort. Worried I might power the phone down during a flight. But it’s been ok.

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge, it does indeed press the volume button at the bottom and also a button at the top, for that reason I have to mount it out of center.
It does not bother me, because I actually fly with Tablet on a tripod.

Yeah. I have iPhone X with power on one side and volume on the other. I have modest case on it. Very thin with cut outs for the buttons. The clamps are over the buttons which I find annoying. But there it slight pocket in the clamp that the buttons slot into and it just misses pushing the buttons. But I worry it’s a little close for comfort. Worried I might power the phone down during a flight. But it’s been ok.
Thank you for your experience. I guess I could mount my phone off center if I have a problem. I could also purchase the DJI Smart Controller, but I would hate to do that at $750. That seems like something DJI should have addressed.

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge, it does indeed press the volume button at the bottom and also a button at the top, for that reason I have to mount it out of center.
It does not bother me, because I actually fly with Tablet on a tripod.
Could you tell me more about your tablet on a tripod? I have never heard of that.

I have an iPhone X with a Vaja case on it. The buttons do make contact but not enough to depress them so doesn’t cause me any issues.

I have an iPhone X with a Vaja case on it. The buttons do make contact but not enough to depress them so doesn’t cause me any issues.
Thank you so much for your response. I guess I just have to order the drone and hope for the best! :)

Reactions: NAZty
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and I can mount it without problem. There’s enough space in the controller to hold it without pressing the buttons.

but if you have to use one of the buttons while mounted is very difficult.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and I can mount it without problem. There’s enough space in the controller to hold it without pressing the buttons.

but if you have to use one of the buttons while mounted is very difficult.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Much appreciated!

There is a groove in the rubber base. It provides room for my iPhone 11 Pro Max volume controls (even with the Apple silicon case).

Air 2s phone mount.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet