DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange things

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoonDog

Reactions
Had a little issue the other day and thought one or more of you guys would have an Idea. I did a manual launch off my deck the other day and went up to about 20 meters and went into a hover. Drone started to drift to the left, not fas but not slow. It responnded to controles and landed with no problems. on the second flight i was flying low level down my driveway, this is one of my training senarieos as I mhave a 400 foot desending driveway with several turns and am learning to follow my camera. about 200 feet down it again drifted to the left and hit a tree. No dammage other than a little green to clean off. I have not had a chance to fly since then so I dont know. Im thinking compass re calibration ? I had no pre flight notifications , every thing was in the green.. Amny othe thoughts??

went up to about 20 meters and went into a hover. Drone started to drift to the left, not fas but not slow. It responnded to controles and landed with no problems. on the second flight i was flying low level down my driveway, this is one of my training senarieos as I mhave a 400 foot desending driveway with several turns and am learning to follow my camera. about 200 feet down it again drifted to the left and hit a tree.
Im thinking compass re calibration ? I had no pre flight notifications , every thing was in the green.. Amny othe thoughts??
Recalibrating the compass won't help at all unless the cause was a compass calibration issue (which is doubtful).
The first thing to do is to investigate and find what the cause of the incident was.
To do that you need to look at your recorded flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Yes, 9 sat. Also, all sensors on.
I wont fly without GPS
I would suggest you get your flight log posted here and I will almost guarantee Sar or another of our awesome minds can find the cause in no time.

Yes, 9 sat. Also, all sensors on.
I wont fly without GPS
9 satellites is a bare minimum (my MP switches into Atti mode at 8). GPS positioning can vary a few feet but is more stable with more satellites. The troubling part is the "not fast but not slow" drift. GPS drift should be slow. It is possible you lost a satellite causing a switch into Atti mode. As others have mentioned, the logs should show a cause.

Not saying this was your issue but it is very easy to lose sat locks when under a tree or canopy of trees. If you are only getting 9 to start, as you are headed down the driveway if one or two sat's get blocked you will certainly lose GPS. Did the screen show it going into Attitude? Or vision?

I'm having a similar problem, so may I ask if you have done the latest no fly zone update [djigo4] because that is when my problem started and on rth its of centre by approx. three feet off
. have done both compass and imu but no change

on rth its of centre by approx. three feet off. have done both compass and imu but no change
If you are saying your RTH landing was three feet from the launch point, that's not a problem.
That's well within the accuracy of consumer GPS and recalibration compass and IMU won't do anything to "fix" it.
If you want pinpoint RTH autolandings, you have to use the Precision Landing feature.

Further research confirmed my suspision......................I am an Idiot...........I sideslipped into a tree........No further explination necissary
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13