DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange tilting and oscillating behavior midflight

brbundy

Reactions
Most of this flight was normal:
but at 7:28 and 7:35 in the video you will see extreme tilting of the horizon along the roll axis accompanied by a strange oscillation. I located both tilting incidents in the log, at 545 seconds and 553 seconds. Although the log shows a brief rc_aileron input at this point, the MPP was hovering without rc input. In fact, when I saw the strange oscillation on my screen, I attempted to bring the bird back home but it would not respond to inputs until the oscillation stopped. Once I regained control, I immediately flew back home, but I would like to try to understand what happened before I resume flying. Has anyone else experienced behavior like this?

Attachments

• 2018-09-01_16-51-32_Standard.txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Can you try shooting shorter clips and see if it happens? This has been a known problem with many Mavics after recording for 7+ minutes straight.

If you are shooting in 4k, you can try lowering resolution and see if it still happens..

Reactions: basarozmen
I was shooting 1080, 24fps. Also, there was some tilting happening earlier in the flight, just not as extreme as seen at 7:28 and 7:35. Thanks for your input! I'll try some shorter flights tomorrow.

Yes. This is a replacement unit via DJI Care Refresh which I received on August 17th. I currently have 29 flights on it.

After upgrading the firmware and calibrating the IMU, I've done some additional test flights and did not see any recurrence of the problem. I'll update this thread if it happens again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest