DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strangest issue I never would have expected :)

So you can launch without a GPS lock? Thanx, I thought that was mandatory!

Yes, you can launch without GPS.

It's how most new fliers lose their drone when flying outside.

It's highly recommended to wait for the GPS lock (Home Point) to be established before launch.

If you don't wait and launch, the aircraft is in Atti-mode and will drift with the breeze until the Home Point is locked in during the flight.

RTH will go to that spot and not to you if it was launched too early.

Reactions: old man mavic
@Mr. Rocketman flying indoors comes with its own set of issues ,and is not something to try without first knowing exactly how the drone is going to respond to the stick inputs from the controller
of course you are perfectly at liberty to fly inside your own home if thats what you want to do but really ,not even the MM is meant to be an indoor flyer ,let alone any of the larger Mavics

Reactions: MA2 317
So you can launch without a GPS lock? Thanx, I thought that was mandatory!
As stated sensor positioning or atti mode. Indoors prop guards are highly recommended. Sometimes you might get a message that you agree to the risk if you don't have GPS lock.

just a side note with regards to flying without a GPS lock indoors ,or anywhere else for that matter
the Hubsan Zino Mini Se i purchased recently ,has what i consider a very good safety feature ,which i found out about when i first acquired the drone
it has a default mode setting that stops the motors from being started manually or by the App if the drone does not have a good GPS lock ,so indoors it is impossible to fly it
but in the settings menu ,there is a slider that can disable this feature and allow the motors to start without GPS ,i think that this is a good idea myself ,others of course will no doubt disagree ,and thats fine ,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike