DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe mount question Air2s

bill1950

Reactions
I have a question and really could use some help from Air 2 or 2S pilots on mounting an Arc V Firehouse strobe on the bottom or even the back of the drone. Any suggestions or photos of solutions would be very much appreciated. I am a Part 107 and occasionally fly at night and have one strobe attached to the top of the Air2s and it works great, but I would also like to run one on the bottom or back section to aid in VLOS during the day and also help with my night flights. I have a bracket that I use on my Mini2 from firehouse and it works great. Any Ideas?

I fly with 4 ARC V's and use these holders.

Reactions: RH009

👍 Same. I use the ones that clip over each of the arms on the front and back. I had originally bought the front ones that go on the front legs (not the arms), but one fell off. The owner was super helpful and compensated me for the loss of the strobe and leg mount. Have had zero issues with the 4 that clip to the arms. I'll send a picture in a few. Have also bought other things through the site and always super fast shipping.

(Edited to add images)

20220405_201216.jpg20220405_201224.jpg20220405_201313.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
I'm hoping to make a purchase today but I'm also still on the hunt. Aerial Pixel doesn't seem to make a top mount for either the Vifly or the Firehouse Dual. The arm/leg mounts look nice, though.

I'm hoping to make a purchase today but I'm also still on the hunt. Aerial Pixel doesn't seem to make a top mount for either the Vifly or the Firehouse Dual. The arm/leg mounts look nice, though.

I use the Velcro for the top, the one that came with the strobe. Haven't had any issues and pull it off when I stick it in my FPV mount.

If you're only mounting one, you can use velcro that comes with the strobe to mount it to the battery. Extra velcro patches can be put on each battery. You can then swap the strobe when you switch batteries. Mounted on battery, it won't interfere with GPS or signal between drone and controller. I've heard that mounted fore of the battery, it might.

Reactions: jrhoffman75
I use the Velcro for the top, the one that came with the strobe. Haven't had any issues and pull it off when I stick it in my FPV mount.
The one on the top does not interfere with satellite acquisition? I would mount them on the batteries just in case.

I don't know why, but Velcro adversely affects my OCD. I can't bring myself to mar the finish of my perfect little drones. :)

Unfortunately, I'm running out of time and shipping times are putting me at the mid-end of May. I ended up going with a Firehouse Dual on top for anti-collision and Vifly strobes in rear leg mounts for pilot visibility.

The one on the top does not interfere with satellite acquisition? I would mount them on the batteries just in case.

That's a good call out. I didn't think about it when I added it, but I haven't ever had an issue with reception or GPS. That's not to say it won't interfere, just that I haven't noticed it. Adding to each battery is probably a better idea, though.

Reactions: Faster
Does the use of four strobes provide much benefit over two arm mounted strobes? Also, if you only use two strobes, one in a front arm and one in a back arm, on a diagonal from each other, does this configuration affect the balance of the Air 2S?