DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strong Wind RTH

Is it because of the props holder? Does the prop holder deform the rear props.
If your issue is really is deformed (flattened) props... the cause for the deformation can be anything that press on the blades continuously during a longer period, during storage for instance. A prop holder sounds like a good candidate for that.

The issue for the Mini 1 was that deforming pressure what applied just by having the arms folded & store the drone in the original case.

re: strap deforming props, I use a Velcro strap, not elastic; the former applies no constant elastic pressure, while the latter might.

re: strap deforming props, I use a Velcro strap, not elastic; the former applies no constant elastic pressure, while the latter might.
Depends how tight you cinch the strap. ;)
Tight enough to hold things in place is sometimes too much. I used to use velcro on my Mini 2, but changed to a dedicated holder.

Depends how tight you cinch the strap. ;)
Tight enough to hold things in place is sometimes too much. I used to use velcro on my Mini 2, but changed to a dedicated holder.
I just wrap it around the middle of my drone, just tightly enough to keep the props from moving out & catching things on the way in or out of the bag.

Flew the Mini 2 today. Flew normally until around the 12 minute mark when I was going home.

I still experience slow airspeed even when I was pushing the right stick full forward.

I think I know why it slows down. The Mini 2 slows down when I am near the Home Point. The slowing down began at around 12 minutes when I was some 55 feet from the Home Point. I don't think it has anything to do with deformed props.

Last edited:
Or maybe it is a DJI Restriction.
Yep it is ... have nothing to do with how close your craft in P-mode is to the HP.

Reviewed the flight video. The slowing down happened when the camera was pointed down. Mystery solved.
It's clearly seen if looking at the AC pitch (which affect the speed in this flight) & the gimbal pitch...

Check how well the Yellow (AC pitch) develop the same shape as the Green (gimbal pitch), in the opposite direction though ... & when the AC pitch up the Red (AC speed) goes down.

Chart.jpg

Reactions: frcaloy
Yep it is ... have nothing to do with how close your craft in P-mode is to the HP.

It's clearly seen if looking at the AC pitch (which affect the speed in this flight) & the gimbal pitch...

Check how well the Yellow (AC pitch) develop the same shape as the Green (gimbal pitch), in the opposite direction though ... & when the AC pitch up the Red (AC speed) goes down.

View attachment 156567
Where did you get that graph? 😳 Nice

Where did you get that graph? 😳 Nice
PhantomHelp's CSV file-->Opened in Excel-->Cleaned out unnecessary columns & rows-->Made a chart.

Easier way would be (but didn't have access to below program):

PhantomHelp's CSV file-->Opened in the free program Csvview (download)-->Chose what data you want to see & chart is created, then zoom into the time frame of interest.

PhantomHelp's CSV file-->Opened in Excel-->Cleaned out unnecessary columns & rows-->Made a chart.

Easier way would be (but didn't have access to below program):

PhantomHelp's CSV file-->Opened in the free program Csvview (download)-->Chose what data you want to see & chart is created, then zoom into the time frame of interest.
Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580