DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Struggling to Find Places to Fly Here in RI

Rhody Seth

Reactions
Hey all, I'm wondering if any Rhode Islanders can offer up some suggestions on where they like to fly here in the Ocean State.

I was looking forward to shooting videos here once I got the Mini 2 but after going over regulations I've gotten bummed out about how much is off the table. Not being able to fly in either state parks or management areas takes care of a lot of places. I was interested in flying at some small land trust and preserves but they seem to all ban motorized vehicles. And I suspect pretty much every other small preserve will have the same rule. Per the signage it seems like their intent is to ban wheeled vehicles such as dirt bikes or ATVs but since they don't specifically cite drones I'm assuming they are included with motorized vehicles.

So what does that leave? I'm guessing the shoreline is mostly available but if anyone has any info regarding what is/isn't kosher along the coast that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
How about National Forests?
Also, I would check on the "Motorized vehicles" on at the land trusts.

Reactions: Rhody Seth
How about National Forests?
Also, I would check on the "Motorized vehicles" on at the land trusts.

There is no national forest in our tiny state. You are right about the motorized vehicles - I need to check on those.

Last edited:
There are is no national forest in our tiny state. You are right about the motorized vehicles - I need to check on those.
In TX it's neighborhood associations - we have a regulation in my area that says if you replace 1 fence slat it has to match the rest of the fence if its facing the street.

Any luck with this: Academy of Model Aeronautics

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+