DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Stunning Aber Falls, Wales

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A 4-mile walk with a 450ft ascent on some very well-maintained paths brought us from the car park to the amazing Aber Falls, a few miles off the A55 North Wales Coast Road just behind Abergwyngregyn.

The impressive falls are 120 meters tall, and carry the drainage from the high plateau above, falling almost vertically to the valley floor, where the clear waters flow through the village of Abergwyngregyn on their way to the sea. The short river, Afon Rhaedr Fawr, has the highest vertical descent gradient of any river in England or Wales!

A stunning location, with another waterfall also in the valley, and one I think we shall return to once autumn colours are more evident...

Anyhow, it is an enjoyable moderate walk, that is pretty much accessible for most of the walk, and one we both thoroughly enjoyed...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh boy (or rather girl) you deliver every time and this is just beautiful. Superbly shot and edited. I visited the Falls on a trip back in 1960 and have to tell you they haven’t changed! Lovely day by the look of it but perhaps some sporty gusts as the drone climbed up the Falls-trees swaying quite clearly so even more congrats on the footage. Well done.

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
Oh boy (or rather girl) you deliver every time and this is just beautiful. Superbly shot and edited. I visited the Falls on a trip back in 1960 and have to tell you they haven’t changed! Lovely day by the look of it but perhaps some sporty gusts as the drone climbed up the Falls-trees swaying quite clearly so even more congrats on the footage. Well done.
Thank you kindly... Yeah, the wind was a problem, steady 15 to 20 and gusts over 30mph, especially higher up, but both drones coped well - and hence the reason I didn't get any closer to the water or top of the falls...

Hopefully next time it will be less windy...

Reactions: twickers14
Another master piece! Very well flown and produced!

Fantastic, seems that you got so much time to travel across the UK.
And so much money too. 😊
Thanks...

Lol, no, and no... I work FT remotely, 40 hrs a week, although it is a great job and pay is ok... At weekends we spend at least one day out with the drones, usually travelling up to a couple of hours from home - this waterfall is 90 miles and about 90 minutes from home, so easily doable in a day.

And then the further away areas such as Scotland, we go on holiday 2 or 3 times a year - usually with extended family or friends to both enjoy the company and also to share the costs - and also we go and stay with friends once or twice a year... So the costs are not horrendous...

Are you working as a freelancer? Do you have plenty of time and money?
I envy you.
No, the drone flying is a hobby, its not something I am even remotely sure of how to monetize... Time and money, again no, I work 40 hrs a week remotely as a Coach for an Education Provider, and we live hand to mouth with income, I am in my mid 50's though, so another 10 years and we can hopefully retire to Scotland...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr