DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Stunning Erawan Waterfalls with a total drop of 1,500 meters 7 levels

It was a little harder to cut than usual but my opinion is subjective... Thanks for watching...
Don’t feel like the Lone Ranger, I have the same issue when editing GoPro video I take. I want people to enjoy the beauty/action/funny stuff as I see it, but sometimes I get the same reaction, “it’s great but just a bit long!” Keep up the great flying and video!

Reactions: AeroFlix 4D
Beautiful area and video! just a bit long for my attention span.....
It was a little harder to cut than usual but my opinion is subjective... Thanks for watching...
Don’t feel like the Lone Ranger, I have the same issue when editing GoPro video I take. I want people to enjoy the beauty/action/funny stuff as I see it, but sometimes I get the same reaction, “it’s great but just a bit long!” Keep up the great flying and video!
Not easy to find the right compromise but it seems that 4 minutes is the maximum for drone videos.

Not easy to find the right compromise but it seems that 4 minutes is the maximum for drone videos.
I’ve made hundreds of presentations to large and small audiences and when they’re over I invariably obsess over the fact that I left something out, or I didn’t have time to say this, or show that, make an additional point, or tell a clever anecdote, etc. One day a colleague told me, “Stop worrying about stuff like that. You’re the only one who knows what you didn’t say.”

Same principle applies to editing film and curating photos: No one else knows what you left on the cutting room floor. It never hurts to leave people wanting to see more.

Very nice cinematography! Try inserting transitions and using fewer hard cuts between clips - some are a little abrupt. Compare the two versions and see which you like better.

I feel your pain! I have fluctuated between 1.5 to 5 minutes, sometimes even with the same material. It’s hard to set a length and say “I won’t go less, or more than any certain length of time. Oh the joys of video artistry!

I’ve made hundreds of presentations to large and small audiences and when they’re over I invariably obsess over the fact that I left something out, or I didn’t have time to say this, or show that, make an additional point, or tell a clever anecdote, etc. One day a colleague told me, “Stop worrying about stuff like that. You’re the only one who knows what you didn’t say.”

Same principle applies to editing film and curating photos: No one else knows what you left on the cutting room floor. It never hurts to leave people wanting to see more.

Very nice cinematography! Try inserting transitions and using fewer hard cuts between clips - some are a little abrupt. Compare the two versions and see which you like better.
What you wrote is so true. Thanks for the advice that I try to always apply one way or another.

Nice subject matter and good editing, but for me it seemed too long. It was just too much of a good thing.

I realize what people like is totally subjective and varies greatly.

My take is that you had a limited variety in scenes, even though they may all have been shot in different locations. This made the scenes appear to become repetitive and I started skipping forward looking for something different.

Just my opinion.

Nice subject matter and good editing, but for me it seemed too long. It was just too much of a good thing.

My take is that you had a limited variety in scenes, even though they may all have been shot in different locations. This made the scenes appear to become repetitive and I started skipping forward looking for something different.

Just my opinion.
Hi Barbara,
Thank you for your very interesting comment and opinion, it helps me a lot and I think I have already made progress thanks to this forum.

Reactions: Barbara
Nice shots! But a little bit too long?

Nice and thanks for sharing.

Just my opinion.
I think Barbara nailed it, GOOD STUFF but, the same stuff. I do not think there is a, too long of a video, but it has to stay fresh. Identify all of your scenes and then use a single, Best clip of each, maybe two quick cuts of different angles of the same scene if it can build interest. Personally I try to maintain a story line even with drone footage only, linking one view to the next when ever possible. . . . keeps the viewer oriented and there for more immersed. . . Cool video, I would go for more of a fairy tail type music, something chill for that scene but, that is my subjective opinion.

I think Barbara nailed it, GOOD STUFF but, the same stuff. I do not think there is a, too long of a video, but it has to stay fresh. Identify all of your scenes and then use a single, Best clip of each, maybe two quick cuts of different angles of the same scene if it can build interest. Personally I try to maintain a story line even with drone footage only, linking one view to the next when ever possible. . . . keeps the viewer oriented and there for more immersed. . . Cool video, I would go for more of a fairy tail type music, something chill for that scene but, that is my subjective opinion.
Great comment, I agree with you ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife