DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji go 4 height display in decimal above 10 meters

CsH_PeRsOn

Reactions
Hello,
I am the owner of a DJI mavic pro and using the DJI go 4 app. In the app it gives the height of the drone using a decimal until the drone reaches 10 meters when it just starts displaying meters without a decimal, the same goes for feet except it caps at 33 feet. Wondering if there is an option to get the height in decimal above 10 meters that I couldn't find or some third party software that displays the height with a decimal. Looking to do an egg drop activity with a youth group and would like to be able to drop everything at the same height.

10m is probably the limit of the sensor's range, if so I think the answer is "no" , sorry.
BTW it might be an idea to check if it is legal to drop things over a group and whether or not insurance is required.

Last edited:
Reactions: CsH_PeRsOn
Hello,
I am the owner of a DJI mavic pro and using the DJI go 4 app. In the app it gives the height of the drone using a decimal until the drone reaches 10 meters when it just starts displaying meters without a decimal, the same goes for feet except it caps at 33 feet. Wondering if there is an option to get the height in decimal above 10 meters that I couldn't find or some third party software that displays the height with a decimal. Looking to do an egg drop activity with a youth group and would like to be able to drop everything at the same height.
Up to 10 m the downward facing sensor is measuring the distance from the ground and the altitude reading is pretty accurate to that height hence the decimal points. Above 10m the air pressure altimeter in the drone is responsible for providing the approximate height information. It is not very reliable and accurate gauge for determining the exact above ground height as the air pressure can change due to many factors and not only with altitude. When you change position of the drone and the altitude frequently during flight the height reading on the screen can be off by as much as few meters. Displaying such inaccurate reading with decimal points would not make any sense.

Last edited:
Wondering if there is an option to get the height in decimal above 10 meters that I couldn't find or some third party software that displays the height with a decimal.
If intervals of a metre are too big, change the units displayed to feet and you'll have a finer scale.
would like to be able to drop everything at the same height.
Really +/- 1 metre shouldn't make much difference anyway.

Hello,
For egg dropping fun the exact height is not that critical I would have thought.
There are however applications where exact altitude of the drone can be very important (architectural work). These consumer drones do not show altitude accurately enough and hence are not suitable for critical applications where altitude from where photos are taken must be exactly as required.
I learned this the hard way..😱

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N