DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Stunning Fairy Tale Tower at Faringdon Folly, Oxfordshire UK

I had my first collision ever in 4 years of flying. Luckily the Mini 2 laughed in the face of the tree, got up, dusted itself off and got back up in the air ?
Hello Chris,
wow, this is almost like cinema! Very nicely done and perfectly matching music! I watched your video with great pleasure.The images are magical and epic and fit very well with the object shown, compliments! ??
cheers Paul

Reactions: Chris Baish
Hello Chris,
wow, this is almost like cinema! Very nicely done and perfectly matching music! I watched your video with great pleasure.The images are magical and epic and fit very well with the object shown, compliments! ??
cheers Paul
Thank you Paul! Very kind words!

Nice smooth pans/orbits/flybys, and good work balancing the sunlight against the darker areas in shadow.

Well flown, beautiful shots, nicely edited. Can't comment on any music, as I watched it at my work, but already a nice film!

Great work, how did you keep the sun from blowing it all out? Low EV? For the mini sensor these shots are exceptional. I think your wise to crush the shadows vs introducing noise. Looks pro!

Great work, how did you keep the sun from blowing it all out? Low EV? For the mini sensor these shots are exceptional. I think your wise to crush the shadows vs introducing noise. Looks pro!
Thanks for your feedback. There are a few things that I think help with this:

1) The Mini 2 has way more headroom for post production grading than you would expect. Keeping it slightly underexposed to protect the sky still allows the shadows to be brought back to some degree during editing. I've been hugely impressed with the capabilities of this little mini beast.
2) I keep the ISO locked at 100 to avoid noise, and use the shutter speed to manage the exposure.

I'm by no means an expert, but this is how I do it. The recent DJI Fly update stopped me from being lazy as it removed the AE lock option. I used to just fly in auto, use the EV adjustment and then lock the exposure, but if you do this the Mini 2 has a tendency to bump up the ISO without you knowing. Flying with manual camera controls and locking the ISO makes a big difference.

Beautiful little piece of pleasure to watch video. Great music choice for the subject and very nice editing cuts. I look forward to see more little snippets from you in the future. Good flying too. Thanks for posting for us.

Absolutely fabulous, I assume they illuminate thecstar at Christmas ?
If so you'll have to film it again then.
Great video.

Great place to fly and capture video. You did a remarkable job with the video movements and timing with the music / scene changes was very good. If it weren't for the tower sticking up, you'd never know there was anything in there!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR