DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stunning Johannesburg SkyLine

Rockowe

Reactions

Stunning Dusk Views - of the Johannesburg SkyLine - (Mavic Zoom)

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hm...rather boring!
Yes-another example of the photographer falling in love with his own footage. Without variety, most people will turn off and tune out after about a minute. I know that I did. We do not mean to be mean...we are all trying our best to learn from each other, and this forum is a great way to exchange ideas and learn from others. Try for more variety in views, shorter clips (like 3-6 seconds long), and shorter overall videos. In post, try to open the foreground shadows.

Reactions: Thomas B
very well said Dale!Thumbswayup The problem is, that most of the drohne pilots has unfortunately no idea about filmmaking! There are rules, as for exemple the different views, as for ex. the wide shot, the medium shot, the close up shot...And a good mix of all these shots will result in a less boring video.
cheers Paul

Agree to what has been said. There is a rather simple fix: (1) Search online for well done drone videos. (2) Learn and practice cinematic maneuvers. (3) Understand your chosen video editing program.

Agree to what has been said. There is a rather simple fix: (1) Search online for well done drone videos. (2) Learn and practice cinematic maneuvers. (3) Understand your chosen video editing program.
OK- that last comment makes three comments that were critical. The RickinWaST states the obvious. I am sure that the creator has already watched lots of videos. There were very few maneuvers in the video. Let's just hope that our combined commentaries will spur the videographer/pilot to learn from this forum and correct his flying, and processing.

Reactions: Thomas B
Whats wrong with you Guys . I wasnt making a Film -

I was Enjoying the Views at SUNSET ... and Sharing it with whoever would enjoy that too. :rolleyes:

If a sunset Bores you... then don't comment

Sorry! By submitting it to the forum I thought you wanted comments. Excuse me for commenting. I'm going outside now to watch my grass grow.

Sorry! By submitting it to the forum I thought you wanted comments. Excuse me for commenting. I'm going outside now to watch my grass grow.
hahahahah good one Dale, I will do the same;) I could even try to make some Mavic Mini shots of the growing grass:D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15