DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stupid question: PGYTECH control stick protector

CNYdronepilot

Reactions
Hi all, mine arrived today and I'm surprised so going to ask to ensure I don't have a knock-off: is the Mavic 2 control stick protector a piece of plastic that sets over the sticks, covers the screen, but sits loose on the controller? I assumed it was going to be a friction fit of some sort over the stick grips, but mine is loose. I'll have to do something with a velcro strap or rubber band to hold it in place. Does that sound right? Sorry for the dumb question but hopefully this will help someone else in the future! Thanks for your input.

Hi all, mine arrived today and I'm surprised so going to ask to ensure I don't have a knock-off: is the Mavic 2 control stick protector a piece of plastic that sets over the sticks, covers the screen, but sits loose on the controller? I assumed it was going to be a friction fit of some sort over the stick grips, but mine is loose. I'll have to do something with a velcro strap or rubber band to hold it in place. Does that sound right? Sorry for the dumb question but hopefully this will help someone else in the future! Thanks for your input.

Any pictures?

Just pulled my out and confirmed what I thought - there is some friction holding it in place. I think the stick-knobs have some internal fins or whatever that grab the rubber on the sticks. It is not tight but it also stays in place. Mine looks just like your pictures.

Just pulled my out and confirmed what I thought - there is some friction holding it in place. I think the stick-knobs have some internal fins or whatever that grab the rubber on the sticks. It is not tight but it also stays in place. Mine looks just like your pictures.
Thanks @ff22 . Mine have fins too, but they are JUST short of being able to grab. If I try and lift one side I can feel it start to grab. Maybe manufacturing tolerances. My cover falls off if I tip the RC over.

Sorry, this was the best I could do one handed trying to hit the shutter button on the phone and hold the controller upsidedown (g)pgytech cover.jpg. It definitely stays on. I wonder if you could throw a little duct tape into the fin area for a bit more friction.

Reactions: CNYdronepilot
Thanks @ff22 . Mine have fins too, but they are JUST short of being able to grab. If I try and lift one side I can feel it start to grab. Maybe manufacturing tolerances. My cover falls off if I tip the RC over.

i just recently purchased the M2P and got the whole enchilada which included the PGYTECH controller stick protector and mine also falls off when I tip it over, i just assumed shoddy manufacturing or that it was made for a previous controller that may have had 'fatter' sticks but since it was part of a "merry christmas from DJI" bundle i wasn't going to make a stink over it.

coincidentally; i also bought a hard case and backpack that has the foam cutouts for the various items and cannot use it as the cutout for the RC is tight with just the sticks on so i figured i'd find a screen protector for the display.

Reactions: CNYdronepilot
I have the exact same set up and mine fitsnugly on my controller.

Hmmmm. I wonder if DJI actually changed the diameter of the rubber knobs or might use different suppliers. I guess Pgytech could also use different suppliers/manufacturers.

Is there any difference between the Mavic Pro and M2P controller? The reason I ask is that it looks identical to the PGYTECH Cover for my Mavic Pro

Is there any difference between the Mavic Pro and M2P controller? The reason I ask is that it looks identical to the PGYTECH Cover for my Mavic Pro
I can't speak to actual differences, but PGYTECH is using different part numbers for Mavic vs Mavic 2 covers.

All, thanks for the discussion here. Sounds like some have covers that grab, and other don't. I have located a suitable piece of Velcro that I can use to hold mine in place. I may also play with adding some tape or material inside the 'fins' as @ff22 suggests - wouldn't take much, as long it would stay.

Reactions: ff22
I also purchased one right off the bat.... mine is a bit loose as well on my M2P - and worse when putting the controller in the DJI case it won't fit with the cover on (not a surprise I guess).

I also purchased one right off the bat.... mine is a bit loose as well on my M2P - and worse when putting the controller in the DJI case it won't fit with the cover on (not a surprise I guess).

I say we go give PGYTECH a visit!!

2JH5.gif

??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts