DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuttering video with Mavic air

doublecitra

Reactions
Hello,

Recently bought a mavic air. Trying ND filters to decrease shutter speed at 2x the frame rate. Everything is fine except gimbal movements at 24 fps, which create a quite annoying stuttering in the image (example below). Tried different shutter speeds, ND filters without any significant result. The only thing that seems to be working is either significantly decreasing the gimbal tilt speed or shooting at 60 fps shutter speed 1/120. As for the drone movement, it does not seem to recreate this weird effect.

I am completely new to shooting video and I am wondering if it is only an issue of too much tilt motion for the frame rate or there is something else I could try.

Thank you for your input.

I find I can't really get ultra smooth movement at 24 FPS, especially when there is a lot moving in the scene like is the case on a gimbal pans and tilts. 30 FPS will be much better, and 60 even better than that. I tend to avoid the lower frame rates for exactly that reason...

I find I can't really get ultra smooth movement at 24 FPS, especially when there is a lot moving in the scene like is the case on a gimbal pans and tilts. 30 FPS will be much better, and 60 even better than that. I tend to avoid the lower frame rates for exactly that reason...

Thank you for the advice, it's appreciated ! I will keep shooting at higher FPS then.

Hello!!
Any clue how to fix the belo?
Seems that the footage stops for a micro sec and catch up with the motion after
Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs