DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden requests for IMU Calibrations

Bill Ballard

Reactions
Site
www.svjobeth.com
My Mini 2 has started demanding IMU calibrations every two or three flights. Sometimes, I can restart everything and fly normally. Other times, I won't start the motors until the calibration is completed. Otherwise, my flights are normal. Anyone else experience this? Is this an indication of the IMU failing? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Where did you Calibrated it? Did you do it away from ANY metal Or Worse yet CONCRETE if not find a new spot and recalibrate.
I live on my sailboat, and since it's always moving and is basically a Faraday Cage, I've done ot off-site. I've calibrated in various places; the most succesful has actually been inside a public library. It went several weeks without requiring another calibration.

Sorry for the late reply If you have calibrated several times off the boat and you are still recieving Errors I would send it to DJI . sounds like the IMU but.....

The compass is metal affected, the IMU is not, but be sure to place the drone exactly as it is pictured, I've see folks try to hold the drone a bit more upright than the body permits but it all balances out between the right and left side, and make sure you are on a flat surface if you do the compass, watchout for any sub-terranean metal, pipes, plumbing, foundations, etc... But again, if it persists, it needs looking into... Better to spend a little money and make sure it isn't about to fail... You said that it's out of warranty, so there is probably no Care Refresh either... You live on a sail boat so you probably fly a lot over water. consider pontoons...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas