DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suggestions on finding my lost drone

Twice in the past, I have found my crashed Mavic Air in high grasses or at 20 feet high into a grey pine using a field Garmin GPS. Into the high grasses, I found it following the registered last Lat. Long. landing point doing square spiral till I almost walked on top of the drone. Second time, I transferred the .KMZ flight record on Google Earth to look for trails to reach an area closed to the crash site. I was able to plot a path on my Garmin GPS. I followed my GPS readings to a point telling me I was at 5 meters from the crash site. Looking up, I saw the geometry of a Mavic Air and its red colour hanging there at 20 feet above the ground. I swang my water bottle attached to a small rope till I was able to move the branch and drop the drone, intact, to the mossy terrain below. Maybe I was lucky! Good luck!

Reactions: IgorD2
Just like to say I successfully recovered my drone earlier today. Went back to the same spot and found it within 10 mins. Not an easy find but I had a positive mindset and determination on my side. Looks undamaged, had some water on it in a few places so I've dried it off and will assess later today.

View attachment 83935

I've learnt my lesson big time. Cheers everyone! Happy flying
Happy that you found it, it was really hard to spot, well done sir!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_