DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Summer in Avenham Park, Preston

Paul Iddon

Reactions
Avenham Park (and the adjacent Miller Park) are grade II listed Victorian parklands located in the middle of the city centre of Preston and less than 10 minutes from Preston's rail and bus stations.The award winning parks are set by the River Ribble with many features and historical points of interest such as Derby Walk, the Italianate Terrace and the Japanese rock garden. It is also the official start and end point of the Guild Wheel - a 21-mile walking and cycle route.The natural amphitheatre in Avenham Park is the ideal spot for picnics, watching the world go by, and family games. The park's paths circle this large green space and offer serene views from all angles.This includes views of the park's Japanese Rock Garden - a beautiful and exotic garden area created in the 1930s. The Japanese Rock Garden features a peaceful pond and areas to sit and reflect. There is also the Pavilion café, which is open every day of the week offering a range of food and refreshment.Music by Paul Senneville.

Paul.

Last edited:
Avenham Park (and the adjacent Miller Park) are grade II listed Victorian parklands located in the middle of the city centre of Preston and less than 10 minutes from Preston's rail and bus stations.The award winning parks are set by the River Ribble with many features and historical points of interest such as Derby Walk, the Italianate Terrace and the Japanese rock garden. It is also the official start and end point of the Guild Wheel - a 21-mile walking and cycle route.The natural amphitheatre in Avenham Park is the ideal spot for picnics, watching the world go by, and family games. The park's paths circle this large green space and offer serene views from all angles.This includes views of the park's Japanese Rock Garden - a beautiful and exotic garden area created in the 1930s. The Japanese Rock Garden features a peaceful pond and areas to sit and reflect. There is also the Pavilion café, which is open every day of the week offering a range of food and refreshment.Music by Paul Senneville.

Paul.
That has got to be the classiest drone production I have seen! Graceful, captivating, beautiful park, slow dissolve transitions, perfect music. Thank you for sharing.

That has got to be the classiest drone production I have seen! Graceful, captivating, beautiful park, slow dissolve transitions, perfect music. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you Michael - it's OK, but I think there's better, but I do appreciate your kind words.

Paul

Paul.
Really liked this video Paul. I could spend hours in that Japanese garden! So relaxing...

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Really liked this video Paul. I could spend hours in that Japanese garden! So relaxing...

Thank you James, I agree - a lovely corner of the park.

There are wrens, robins, and even a thrush was close by. All wonderful to see going about their business.

Paul.

Paul.
That was just lovely! A thoroughly enjoyable few moments. The music selection was perfect. Your slow, easy flying, and multiple views perfect. well done.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Joeblow
Thank you Dale, much appreciated. I do like the cinematic slow pace - probably because if I went into sports mode I would lose confidence in my control of the M3P - slow flying is much less fraught with danger!

Paul.

As usual, Paul, this is just superb. Smooth, slow, perfect music. What amazed me was that there were few people using the park in perfect weather.

• Love
As usual, Paul, this is just superb. Smooth, slow, perfect music. What amazed me was that there were few people using the park in perfect weather.

Perhaps it was just the time of day? Maybe Prestonians don't like the sun so much, lol...

I gave my business card (I'm not a business of course, it's just a card showing my YT channel) to the photographer doing the model shoot (the young girl spun the white brolly bang on que) and he did comment on the YT feed (very good of him to look).

As for superb, it'll do, heheh... ;)

Paul.

I like it from beginning to end! Smooth flight, great views, wonderful music. Made for a very relaxing video. I really like how you ghosted the piano playing at the beginning. Great touch.

• Love
I like it from beginning to end! Smooth flight, great views, wonderful music. Made for a very relaxing video. I really like how you ghosted the piano playing at the beginning. Great touch.

Thank you sir.

The piano trick I first used in the Earnsdale Reservoir flight awhile back (at around 20 seconds in). Obviously, I had to be sure each piano player was playing the actual keyboard at close to the right timing as I could manage!

Paul.

Reactions: Prop Wash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne