DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sun glare and rays

coindex765

Reactions
The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

Link to my first maiden flight. As you can see there are sun reflections in the vid at some points and rays.
qUESTION:
Would I need to use lens filters to get rid of this effect on my camera or can I edit this out with a better editing program then the DJI software that I did use.
DJI has some good fixes and editing but its pretty basic it seems.

Turn your gains down or use Cinematic or Tripod mode for nice slow smooth filming...

Reactions: kitzy
... As you can see there are sun reflections in the vid at some points and rays.
qUESTION:
Would I need to use lens filters to get rid of this effect on my camera or can I edit this out with a better editing program then the DJI software that I did use...
I am guessing you already use ND filters to slow the frame rate (if not, you should) but to answer your question a filter will not solve this problem. A lens hood would help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
[QUOTE="coindex765, post: 695369, member: 88656"... As you can see there are sun reflections in the vid at some points and rays.
qUESTION:
Would I need to use lens filters to get rid of this effect on my camera or can I edit this out with a better editing program then the DJI software that I did use...
I am guessing you already use ND filters to slow the frrame rate (if not, you should) but to answer your question a filter will not solve this problem. A lens hood would help.[/QUOTE]

Yes that may just work I was looking into those when I was looking for different accessories for my ipad and remote. Thanks, think I might just pick up a lens hood

There are some angles toward the sun where NOTHING will prevent the flare. If the sun is shining on your lens front element you will get flare. Period.

Changing your angle of approach, lowering your gimbal angle or waiting until the sun is in a different location or time of day is your only way out.

The OP was talking about sun on the camera, not the display.

Reactions: Gazmg
I was referring to a post showing a display hood that has since been removed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada